1001 Baby Names

{Charlotte's point of view}

"Shawn are you coming up to bed?", I asked, yawning.
"Yeah, I'm knackered". He replied.
"Come on then Mendes", I laughed.

He followed me all the way up to my room, bringing up his suitcase with him.

"I'm glad you're here Shawn", I said, turning around to face him.
He put his suitcase down and put his arms around my waist.
"There's no where else I'd rather be baby".
I forgot the effect of the word 'baby' had on me when Shawn said it in his raspy voice.
"Shawn no offence, but I think you need a shower", I laughed, breaking the moment.
"Urgh fine! I'll just put my suitcase on your bed and I'll have one now if it'll make you happy". He replied, with a wide smile.
"At least I can unpack some of your things". I said.
"You're the best"
"I already know that". I said, walking away into my room with his luggage.

I plonked it onto my bed and unzipped it.
I carefully folded each jumper and t-shirt carefully, putting them all in a neat pile.

I heard the shower tap be turned on and the thought of Shawn being here made me so happy.
I saw one of Shawn's shirts  that he used to wear often and I decided to wear it to bed because why not.
I grabbed it but suddenly  something fell underneath it.
I moved a pair of his jeans and I saw a beige teddy bear. I picked it up and smiled like an idiot.

I got undressed and put on his shirt and I just laid in bed, waiting for him to come in.

"Is that my top?", Shawn asks, as soon as he walks in.
My god did he look good. His bare torso, his bare abs. I needed to chill.
I lost my focus for a moment before I replied.
"Yep, sorry about that, it looked comfy."
"Well it looks even better on you than me so."
"Although it's a tight around my belly though", I chuckled as I got out of bed to show Shawn.
"You look so beautiful"
"Shut up", I laugh.
"Urgh I still can't believe in 3 months we're gonna be a proper family."
"Speaking of that... I saw the teddy bear Shawn-"
"You did?"
"Yep.... You got it for the baby?"
"Yeah... well I always had a little buddy soft toy when I was younger. He was a lion that I called Leo."
"That's so cute Shawn".
He looked away blushing.
"Well I better get dressed it's freaking cold in here."
"I'll put the heating on." I replied, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

---------------

I came back to my room to see Shawn reading a book. I'm pretty sure I could make out the title, '1001 Baby Names'.

"Whatcha doing?" I say, walking in suddenly.

I made him jump as he startled and he looked embarrassed.
"Um... nothing". He said, trying to sneakily hide the book under the pillow.
I ran over to him and grabbed the book.
"SHAWN"
"Ok fine you caught me!"
"Baby names!"
"Well I just thought that our daughter should have a pretty great name and I was stumped for ideas so I bought it at the airport."
"Mendes you're too bloody adorable", I say joining him in bed.
"Charlotte?" Shawn asks.

He seemed to look nervous.

"What's up?" I say.
"Well considering things are working out, but if this isn't okay with you I won't do it..."
"Tell me Shawn"
"Ok after that phone call we had... you know the one..."
"I do remember it..." I say nervously, considering the fact that I hung up on him when he said he missed me.
"Well I wrote a song... straight after. I mean I was sad and it just seemed fitting...."
"Oh", I reply cautiously.
"And I wanna meet my management tomorrow in London and ask if I could release it as a new single. So I can somewhat  redeem myself. But I know I've just got you back and I don't ever want to jeopardise that sweetheart." He said, wrapping his arms around me.
"Shawn, we're gonna have to make compromises. Go for it! I know that you love me and you'll be here for me... do it!"
"Thankyou so much! I love you baby".
"I love you too." I reply.

And I turned off my bedside lamp and I rested my head on Shawns warm chest.
He put his arms around me and although he couldn't see it, I was smiling.

_________________________
{Shawn's point of view}

Charlotte laid her head upon my chest and she seemed so peaceful.

Although she wouldn't notice, I was smiling to myself like an idiot.