My Failed Relationships

{Charlotte's point of view}

It was Saturday morning.
I didn't get much sleep last night, I just kept replaying what Shawn said to me.

I miss you.

God, why couldn't I say it back.

All I want is for his arms to be around me, holding me tight, telling me everything's going to be okay.

Maybe one day I can move on and let him go.

I sat down on the sofa and turned on the TV.

My phone vibrated and I reached quickly onto the coffee table, to see who was texting me.

It was Tina.
"How did things go with Shawn last night? You sounded vague in your last text, I'm coming round in 10".

I grunted, not wanting to socialise.

Nonetheless, Tina came round and we got blankets and snacks.

"Ok now that we're both comfy, tell me what happened last night, it was the first time you've spoken to him since, you know what". Tina said raising her eyebrow.
"How did you think it went?"
"Awkward?"
"You bet"
"Oh God-"
"He said he MISSED ME TINA". I blurted out.
"He what ?!"
"I didn't know what to say back, so I said bye and I hung up."
"You didn't"
"I did", throwing both my hands around my face.
"Well?", Tina asked.
"What?" I reply.
"You obviously miss him too! You haven't exactly had a happy pregnancy...". She said.
"I know , I know... but I can't help it. I know I ended things with Shawn because I knew I wasn't going to be as important to him as his career. I've excepted that! I just need a distraction from him. A baby would've been good for that but considering she's his, that's not gonna work."
"I've seen that you've been hanging out with Tyler a lot recently...". Tina says with a smirk on her face.
"It's not like that! He's a friend! Nothing more."
"He was your boyfriend..."
"Yes, emphasis on WAS. He basically treated me like I was a tissue. He used me a few times and then threw me away, time and time again!"
I saw Tina laugh and I admit I joined her a little bit.
"But seriously, I can't ever be in a relationship, not now anyways."
"Fine! But on the subject of Tyler... What's he like if you mention the baby or something? I mean even if you don't, it's not hard to miss."
"That's when it gets weird Tina... He took me to the mall and offered to buy some baby stuff for me! Like toys and that."
"He didn't!" Tina gasped.
"I was just as shocked."
"It's so obvious he's trying to get you back Charlotte".
"I doubt he is, he would know that being in a relationship with me would mean that there's not just two people in it."
"Maybe he just really loves you...."
"He's not! Now can we just change the subject I'm tired of talking about my failed relationships."
"Ok, ok!"

And for the rest of the day, Tina and I binged watched The Vampire Diaries and just chilled.

And for the first time, I wasn't sad or unhappy. Or even thinking about Shawn.

I was happy.