I'm Pregnant

{Charlotte's Point of View}

I couldn't bare to be alone.
But Tina had to go home and I was left with my thoughts.

The worst part I was thinking about was telling Shawn.
This is life changing. I don't even know how he'll react. Surely he would support me? He can't just leave me. It's his baby too.

My mum wasn't due home until tomorrow morning . So I was alone.

I laid on my bed holding my pillow, for a few hours. Until my phone started ringing.

My heart dropped as Shawn's name popped up.
I was contemplating answering it . But If I ignored it Shawn would try calling again and text me.

I picked up my phone and I pressed the answer button.

"Hi Charlotte.". Shawn said happily. Not knowing about what I was going to say to him.
"Um... Hi Shawn...". I said bluntly.
"Charlotte, are you okay? You don't sound very happy.", Shawn said to me.
"It's nothing Shawn.".

If you'd count a baby as nothing...

"Charlotte, if you're not happy, I want to know why so I can try and make you feel better-".
"Shawn you can't fix everything you know". I said to him coldly.
"What the hell? I'm just trying to be a caring boyfriend."
"I'm sorry Shawn, it's just today I've had a lot to deal with and its been stressing me out and I don't know how to tell you-". I stuttered.
"Charlotte please tell me...". Shawn asked slowly.

"I'm pregnant Shawn." I said.

There was a long pause. He was silent.

"Shawn please say something... Anything". I asked, scared out of my mind.
"How? You told me you took the morning after pill. Or didn't you?". He said coldly.
"Shawn of course I did! It isn't always 100% effective-".
"Well that's obvious". Shawn said sarcastically.
"Shawn-"
"No Charlotte... What the hell am I going to? I have a career."
"Oh poor Shawn... It's not like you're going to have to carry the child inside you!"

"Charlotte , you're keeping it?"
He seemed surprised.

Was that even a question?

"Shawn of course I am. It's my baby-"
"And mine too... But are you sure that's the right decision?..God we were so irresponsible... What were we thinking?... You should not have come onto me like that-?"
"I came onto you? I recall I wasn't the one who took off their shirt in the first place." I shouted. "I'm sorry that we had sex , but I don't remember you complaining Shawn-".
"Charlotte, I'm just saying that if you're keeping the baby, it's gonna affect my life more than yours. I have work commitments and people that rely on me-"
"Shawn, I'm relying on you.... You're acting like I don't even have a life too. Well newsflash the world doesn't revolve around Shawn fucking Mendes.". I said harshly.
"I can't believe you Charlotte... You drop this on me , so how do you expect me to react?" Shawn said.
"Well I wasn't expecting you to say that I should abort the baby". I said.
"I was just giving my opinion-".
"Shawn I'm not asking for your opinion or suggestions... I'm telling you that I'm pregnant, and that I'm fucking scared. But it's clear that you don't want it, so I'll do it on my own without you-"
"Charlotte-"
"Don't call me again Shawn".

I hung up. I broke down in tears.
How could Shawn have been so cold?
It wasn't just my fault.

I laid down on my bed, numb with pain.

_____________________________________
I have over 120 reads THANKYOU SO MUCH ❤️❤️