Chapter 10

Chapter 10

{Skylar}
"Wake up, wake up, wake up!" I shout at Conner as I jump up onto the bed. "What's going on?" Conner asks in a groggily tone of voice as he catches me and pull me down to the mattress with him by my side. "What was so important that you just had to wake me up?" Conner asks and I push him off of me. "Right! I think I found out a way to get my kingdom back but not hurt my father." I say and Conner sits up to look at me. "Well what is it then? You know that I can't read your mind yet." He asks with a playful wink and I start to blush. "Moving on," I say as I push Conner away from me just a little bit. "Okay. So The Wolf's Handbook are the rules that every werewolf MUST follow. I could use this to my advantage, and force my father to give me back the title/the pack." I explain and Conner nods his head in understanding and agreement. "That could work. We'll decide after you come with me to meet my family." Conner says and I happily nod my head.

{Later that day...}
I'm in the garden walking through it for pure fun when I see Conner running up to me. "We have to go and see my parents today. Are you coming?" Conner says and I nod my head. "Sure! Let's go!" I say excitedly as I follow after him. We walk up to a car and I get into the passenger's seat as Conner gets into the driver's seat. "Why can't we just run?" I ask and he just shrugs his shoulders. "I don't feel like it,and besides it's going to take a while to get there." Conner answers and I nod my head satisfied with his answer. "Okay then. Can you tell me why they're not in the pack house?" I ask and I can see his eyes darken as he turns a corner. "To make a long story short, my father used to abuse me and after I took over the pack I banishes my father,but my mother went with him." Conner explains rather quickly and I nod my head. "I'm sorry I asked." I mutter and he puts his right hand on my left thigh. "It's okay Skylar. You didn't know any better." Conner says and I nod my head. "Why don't you talk about your parents?" I ask and I can see his hands start to grip the steering-wheel. "I choose not to." He says in a tight voice, and I nod my head. "Do you hate both of your parents?" I ask and he chuckles. "On the contrary. I just adore my mother, always have and always will. I love my father too but it's hard for me to forgive him after all that he's done to me. It's just going to take some time." He says and I nod my head. "You're in a better position than I am. I can't even forgive my father. Him being disappointed in me is okay, I'm fine with that. But him not wanting me at all? That's horribly awful,and I just can't believe that he has a heart!" I shout angrily and put my head in my hands. "It's okay, Skylar. That's not your fault. You can't control how someone acts. You just have to learn how to let it go." Conner says and I nod my head.  "I guess that you're right,but how do you forgive someone?" I ask next and he just shrugs his shoulders. "It takes time, patience, and a wanting to have peace and happiness." He says in a wise voice and I laugh. "I can't wait to meet your mother." I say and he gives me a huge grin. "Well, wait no more." Conner says as we pull up in front of a huge castle.