34.

it was a few weeks later at sixteen weeks when indie could feel her bump had actually grown.

her stomach stretched just over her jeans, she had stopped wearing high waisted jeans just in case it might interfere with the baby's circulation, or her circulation for that matter.

she started wearing looser clothes to hide the bump from her friends or her co - workers, she did not want to feel the judgement from them, it was already hard for herself to accept the pregnancy, let alone to other people.

luke didn't want to go back to australia, he really didn't, that's why when he bought his ticket to cambridgeshire, he purchased a one way instead of a return.

indie was kind of relieved but also a little bit stressed because luke does nothing but sit around all day or ask her about her pregnancy.

calum sat on the edge of the bed, scrolling through his phone whilst indie rummages through her closet to find a black pair of jeans, she tried in her navy blue ones but she just wasn't feeling herself.

"ugh, i actually feel like a sack of potatoes right now," she complained to no one in particular. "next thing you know i'm going to have to shop at the maternity section."

calum looked up from his phone, he locked his phone and threw it one the bed behind him, he walked up to his lover and threw his arms around her waist, his chin resting on her shoulder.

"you know you're beautiful no matter what, right?" calum left a kiss on the side of her jaw, "you could be wearing the biggest and ugliest maternity clothes and i'd still think you're the hottest woman out there. hell, you could put yourself in a potato sack and roll around dirt and i'd still think you're beautiful. a little insane maybe, but still beautiful." he left another kiss just underneath her ear, that sent shivers through her spine.

"oh mr hood, you know exactly how to swoon me." indie turned around to wrap her arms around his waist, pulling calum closer to her, they were face to face now or face to chest due to the height difference. it had been a few years and yet calum could still give butterflies in her stomach. "you know exactly how to swoon me just to get in my pants."

calum only smirked, "you know, even if i did get into your pants, it won't hurt the baby." indie cocked an eyebrow up in question. "i did my research, you know, for future references..."

"future references or now?" indie questioned again. she leads him to the bed again, them still facing each other until calum lands softly on the bed, taking indie down with him.

indie was now straddling him, her hands on his chest and his hands sneakily on her butt.

calum looked up at his girlfriend again, admiring every single feature on her face and wondering how the fuck did he get so lucky to have someone like her? "god i'm so fucking in love with you,"

indie didn't  respond with words, she responded with her lips to his, capturing each other's lips with such love and lust, he pulled back for a second, looking deep into her eyes. "and to answer your question, it's now."

the rest of the night was history.

-

indie felt on top of the world especially with how calum had treated her last night but when she woke up, the right side of the bed was empty. she thought they would wake up and cuddle each other for a bit before they had to seize the day but instead, she woke up alone.

ignoring the little sting in her heart, she got out of bed to check up on luke and see what he was up to. luke woke up very early or hardly slept ever since he got to cambridgeshire, he claimed he had a new sense of energy there and that it made him want to wake up everyday and do something productive.

and she wasn't wrong, luke was up but he wasn't doing anything productive. he was watching tv with a plate of hash browns in his hand. "lucas!" indie called him, he turned around to look at his sister, "where's calum?"

luke shrugged, biting into his hash brown without a care in the world, "i don't know, he said he needed to meet up with someone."

"oh, okay." indie said, it was weird for calum not to leave a note or to text her where he went but she just assumed it was a last minute thing so she decided to ignore whatever assumptions she had in her head.

she trusted calum, she really did or she really wanted to but all that hope washed down the drain when she found his phone on the kitchen table, left unlocked. now she wasn't normally the one to do the snooping but she couldn't help but see his notifications filled with messages by a person named "bree."

indie really did not want to snoop but the hormonal bitchy woman inside of her just flared out, she knew calum was going to hate her for this. she picked up his phone and went through his messages. all his messages coming bree.

-

calum; where are you?

bree: i'm at stumptown coffee, were gonna meet or what?

calum: it's too close, indie might walk past us. she can't know about us.

bree: cal, she's gonna find out soon enough you might as well tell her.

calum: no, it's not the right time. she's asleep right now, she will not know about you, at least not now. this stays a secret, okay? i'll see you in half an hour.

bree: bye! can't wait to see you x

-

indie locked his phone after reading the last message, her heart feeling like she just got run over by a bus.

-

hm ;-)