32.

so sorry it took a while to update! i hope you enjoy it! not long before the book ends!

-

"hey i'm glad you could come," luke greeted,  getting up from his seat and giving gemma a hug. "it's been a while."

gemma nodded in agreement, "yeah of course, it's nice to see a familiar face when i'm back home."

"how's texas? you live in texas now right? i don't really remember what indie told me."

"yeah i do," gemma said, "and there isn't really much where i work at but the town is pretty nice. it's a little humid but nothing i can't handle, i just miss la sometimes, mostly my family but i have no complaints--well not yet at least."

luke nodded, flipping through the menu. "and how's the job going?"

"dude, it's awesome. never in a millions i thought i would be so into editing videos and learning how to code computers." gemma laughed, luke laughed with her then proceeded to call the waiter so they could order their food.

gemma moved to houston, texas a little over six months ago, her and indie had fallen apart a little bit due to the distance from each other but they were still apart of each other's lives. even if it didn't feel like they were best friends anymore, they knew they still had each other.

she was offered an office job that paid well and fell into the category of what she studied and loved in university.

"so what are you up to hemmings?" gemma asked, sipping on her water. "how's australia treating you?"

luke sighed, looking down at his unserved plate. "australia is home you know? i was born there, i am australian but my family is here so it's kind of hard. my heart is here and you know what they say, home is where the heart is. i'm just a little homesick." luke looked up at gemma as she nodded, "i also miss indie. is that weird?"

gemma shook her hair and smiled, "of course it's not weird. i'm sure she misses you especially with everything going on in her life you know? it must be hard to have to go through such a tough time without family."

luke quirked his eyebrow. "tough time? what do you mean?"

gemma looked at him with squinted eyes. "you know," she took a sip of her drink again, not paying attention to what was coming out of her mouth. "her and calum raising the baby and stuff."

luke's gawked as he felt like something was choking him. "raising a baby? what?!"

gemma wanted to scold him and tell him to stop messing around but as she as she looked up from her food, she knew she fucked up. that was when she realised luke didn't know anything. "luke...do you not know?" gemma wanted to lie and deny but she felt that if she tried to cover her mistake, it would only lead to bigger mess.

"know what?" luke asked, his tone full of irritation. gemma only looked down at her food again, not knowing how to tell him. "gemma.."

deciding she had no choice but to tell him, she put her hand on top of his, hoping luke wouldn't cause a scene. "luke, indie's pregnant." luke's widened, his mouth falling agape. "now before you yell or scream or throw things around, i want you to know she's ten weeks along and her pregnancy was an accident. she didn't even know until a few weeks later. listen here, i don't want you screaming or being upset at her because she's scared you're going to that's why she didn't tell you. no one knows about her pregnancy except us and them and michael and ashton so you better shut it and be nice. got it?"

luke pulled his hand away from gemma's hold and bit his lip hard to the extent he could taste the metal of his lip ring digging into the flesh. "are you joking--you're joking right? you're pranking me, this isn't real."