29.

"i'm sorry, what?" indie swore she could have misheard what doctor eli said. calum inhaled sharply, he didn't know whether he was going to pass out from the news or pass out from not having enough lung capacity because he did not want to breathe.

doctor eli cleared her throat. "i said, you shouldn't stress yourself out too much, it's not good for the baby."

indie pursed her lips, closing her eyes to exhale. "um, do you by any chance mind repeating that again?" hell, she knew what she heard the first time, she just didn't know what the fuck to think.

"indie, you're preg--"

"yep, that's enough, thanks doc. i got it the first time." indie snapped, she felt really bad after though. calum shot her a glare, a look telling her to apologise immediately. "i'm sorry, i just --"

"you didn't know you were pregnant, did you?" doctor eli asked and the couple both shook their sighs making doctor eli sigh with a sad smile. "you didn't get any symptoms?"

indie frowned. "well i have been craving a lot of food and i puked once but i thought it wasn't anything, i wasn't hurting or anything."

"and mr hood, did you realise she was acting different?"

calum pursed his lips. "i didn't know she wanted to much food cause she was pregnant. i thought she was just hungry."

doctor eli set her clipboard down and looked at both of them. "well i don't know what to say. indie, you're calmer than half my patients are when they found out they were pregnant and mr hood, you don't seem very responsive. i don't know what to make of this."

"do you mind giving us a minute?" calum squeaked, his palms clammy as he looked at his lover whose gaze was on the floor. doctor eli only nodded before dismissing herself out of the room. once she was gone, calum let out a huge sigh of confusion. "indiana, you okay?"

indie looked up and gave him a confused look. "um, i don't--i don't actually know?" calum raised an eyebrow at her answer, she didn't look very upset nor did she look very happy. "calum, i'm pregnant, what the fuck?"

he felt bad because all he wanted to do was chuckle but he didn't think it was an appropriate time. "and how exactly do you feel?" he pressed, wanting to know how she actually felt and not hide her emotions.

indie felt like she needed to cry, that's what people did when they found out they were pregnant right? "i don't know?"

"you don't know?"

"i don't know."

calum pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "can i tell you how i feel then?"

indie nodded, everything in her body suddenly going numb. "you can."

"i feel overwhelmed and scared right now but i'm not going to show it. i feel like i want to cry," calum started. "but i will tell you this, i love you and i don't care if you're going to start crying because i want you to hear this from the beginning. i don't care if you're pregnant, i will be here. i'm not leaving, we've left each other so many times this is not happening again. i won't let it happen again. you have me with you, regardless with or without a baby. i'm gonna marry the living fuck out of you."

indie could feel tears pool in her eyes. "i really don't want to cry right now, calum. i really don't want to."

"it's okay to cry." calum said, running to sit beside his lover trying to comfort her in such a state. "you're allowed to cry, especially in this situation."

indie shook her head, holding back her tears, she took a deep breath before she spoke, her voice breaking. "i've cried too much in my life, i don't think i can cry anymore."

-

((2019 tans here making a comeback saying i hate kids btw lol)

((2016 tans -->)) i didn't want like a cliche pregnancy news crying kind of thing so i made it a little different like how i would react if i was pregnant? lol. any ways, sorry this update took so long but i finally finished 21/21 gcse exams i've been doing since fucking march and i finished high school! unfortunately, british schools don't have high school graduations so that sucks but i'm okay with that.

how are you guys? are you fed? how's your summer to all the americans out there? and how are midterms/gcses for anyone taking them? stay hydrated, it's hot!!!! and also stay great, don't constipate. x