15.

luke knocked on his sister's door, his heart heavy with guilt. he knew that he had put so much pressure on her to break up with nathan and it was only now he realized how stupid it was of him to mix in with their business.

the door was unlocked, the blond boy walking inside to see his sister with a small luggage packed and a backpack over her shoulder, they made eye contact but no one spoke a word. clothes were being folded and put away as her hiking boots were placed on the bed.

"where are you going?" luke asked, his protective instincts kicking in. was she leaving? did anyone know? when was this planned?

indie sighed, trying to unclog her thoughts. "i just need a few days okay? that's all i'm asking."

"a few days where?" luke pushed, it was ridiculous. no one in the hemmings family ever had such spontaneous decisions. "with who?"

"with all due respect, i don't want nor need to tell you," indie raised a finger watching as luke's eyebrows crinkle in what seemed to be confusion and slight anger. "don't bother calling, my phone will be off. take care of baby joey and tell mum and dad i'll be home soon."

she zipped up her bag one last time before walking over to her brother a hug and a kiss on the cheek before departing from her room. luke turned around, watching his little sister flee down the stairs. he didn't want to be the problem in her life. he had caused too many in the past.

downstairs, indie opened her front door, seeing her lover's car in the hemmings' driveway, she closed the door behind her and walked over, opening the passenger door and hopping inside. she greeted her lover with a smile and watched as calum turned both their phones off. his hands intertwined with hers over the small space between them, he took her knuckles and gave them a kiss, eye contact brief as if asking if she was ready to waste their time together.

indie let out a brief sigh of relief, nodding, "let's do this."

-

we're going on a trip in our favorite rocket ship zooming through the sky, little einsteins!1!1

i kind of like short chapters because it keeps readers and myself waiting and because the book is ending, i want to extend my chapters so therefore it might be this length from now on but updates are more frequent, you feel? would you like that?