27.

song of the chapter ; my darling // late night poets. (shoutout to mali koa for suggesting good music!!)

-

"are you okay, dee?" calum asks, looking intently at his girlfriend as she was zoning out to whatever was on the hospital boards.

she nods but doesn't move. "grand. just tired." calum knows that's not the truth but he leaves it alone.

"calum hood and indiana hemmings?" a nurse peeps her head from behind a door and calls out. indie jumps a little as calum starts to stand up. they both make their way towards her, the nurse was way too chirpy for a gloomy england sunday morning but alas, they just have to deal with it. "come this way."

they enter the doctors room, lights dim but white walls bright and the faint smell of disinfectant covers the room. "hello, i'm doctor eli and you must be my two patients." the doctor had short feisty red hair, her nose supporting thin but large black glasses. she wasn't old, maybe in her mid twenties or early thirties, either way, they were both glad they didn't have some

judge mental sixty year old doctor who would look at them differently if asked what they want to get tested for.

"i'm calum and this is my girlfriend, indie. we're here to get tested for std's and to see how safe we are being right now." calum blurts out, he doesn't care what comes out of his mouth, he cares about his girlfriends' health and his own too.

doctor eli writes that in her notes, "that's great that you guys want to get tested. not many teenagers realise that stds can not only come from intercourse with their partner but could have been transmitted through their ex partners as well whether it'd be by sharing the same food or drink or just by sleeping together. i'm glad you guys are being responsible."

indie feels a little better now that her doctor was very understanding and comforting. "my brother went to get tested and he's been on edge all week so he kind of influenced me to get tested as well and of course, him." indie glances over to her love, seeing him already looking at her with a small smile.

doctor eli smiles, "of course, we will get you both tested, do you mind if i run through the procedure with you so you guys know what

you're getting yourself into?" the couple nods. "okay, so, we will run a physical exam, the nurses will check your sexual parts to see if there are any infections of sorts, and then will undergo a blood test to collect some blood sample and lastly you guys will just have to pee in a cup. simple as that."

calum and indie both swallow the lumps in their throat. it sounds like a process but to calum, if it meant that indie will be happy and less stressed. he doesn't care.

"oh." indie's lips form an 'o' shape and doctor eli stifles a giggle. "how long will we get to know our results?"

"two to three weeks." doctor eli informs them and indie only nods. "i know waiting will make you both a little anxious but since you guys even bothered to come here and actually want to get tested, i'm sure you both will be fine."

calum sighs in relief and turns to his girlfriend. "well, what are we waiting for?"

-

you guys are seriously not ready for the next chapter and the chapters after that. i finally found a light in this book and i've already thought of it and written it.

y'all just wait.

xo, intan.