28.

song of the chapter; vapo(u)r // 5sos

-

"well, that marks all the data we need to collect from you both so let's set the date to the 28th of may, you can come and collect your results then." doctor eli concludes, she sticks her hand out for the couple to shake which they do so without hesitance. "i'm sure you both will be fine, see you both soon."

with that, doctor eli leaves the room and attends to another patient.

indie looks to calum, raising her eyebrows. "i can't believe we just peed in a cup."

x x x 

"so what will it be, my lady?" calum asks, he picks up their house phone, ready to call whichever food line they want to eat. "chinese? pizza? thai food?"

indie's face pulls to a frown before smiling. "indian."

"indian?"calum furrows his eyebrows together. "you don't eat indian food."

"uh, yes i do." indie responds. "i've been craving for indian food lately, like those papadoms? yes ma'am."

calum laughs, his laugh bringing so much joy to indie's ears, they were honest now, no more secrets hiding at all, she feels good, so good. "i've never seen you eat indian food like, ever. stop lying."

"blame michael!" she pouts. "he introduced me to papadoms and i've been hooked ever since and have been craving for them.i hate that dude." calum shakes his head and proceeds to call the indian food hotline, hoping it will bling.

it didn't bling.

so calum, being the good boyfriend that he is decides to drive out to get their indian food near a local village they live by even though indie said she didn't mind if they had pizza but nope, calum insisted and indie really really really wanted those papadoms.

she sees her ipad led lights flash and runs to it, seeing luke calling her in skype, she hesitates but answers it anyway.

"little sister!" luke calls from the other side of the screen. "what's good? or should i say, what's good in the hood?"

indie snorts at that, "you need to stop." she says blankly. "calum went to go get some indian food so what do you want?"

luke rolls his eyes, "well you did tell me to tell you what my test results are...but i guess you don't want me to so i'll end the call--"

"shut up, luke. now tell me." indie groans, and luke thought indie was over dramatic, has luke looked at himself in the mirror before?

luke snickers and grins after, "i am fucking clean baby!" he fist pumps the air and indie felt like a huge relief has been lifted off her shoulders. "super fucking clean!"

"i am so proud of you, big bro. and very happy for you." indie says, she misses home but calum was her home now. "whilst you're going to celebrate, i still have three weeks to be anxious of."

luke's eyes widen. "you went to get tested?" indie nods. "no way, that's great, dee! i'm so proud of you little sister, you've done me well."

indie does miss her brother a lot. "so what's happening at home, luke?"

"nothing much, joey's annoying of course, mum and dad are busy but dad isn't as busy anymore, he spends much more time at home now and he wasn't even fired or anything." luke shrugs. "what's happening in indie land? or should i say the eng-land?"

indie rolls her eyes, if she could grab luke through the computer screen, she so would, she would grab him and slap him for his dumb puns.

"listen, one more pun and i'll fly my ass back home to hit your head with an umbrella." indie threatens, but luke only laughs.