30.

the rain was heavy, the grey clouds hovering indie's every thought. she sat by her window ledge, the windows open and the breeze hitting her face and she loved it, the rain made her feel alive and at peace with herself. her thoughts were good ones, some were bad but mostly good, she didn't know what she was going to do with herself, she was already at nine weeks and yet she was still confused. indie was carrying an actual developing human being in her stomach, it was real.

this wasn't a plot she read in a book or a fanfiction, this was real life and calum was the father. her high school sweetheart was going to be the father of her child. the sound of lightning striking far in the fields snapped her out of her thoughts as she heard footsteps behind her.

"hey babe, you okay?" calum asked, striding over to sit next to his girlfriend. "i called you like three times for lunch but you didn't answer so i thought you were dead or something." indie snorted, pushing calum to the side of the window playfully.

"i was just admiring nature, calum. i love nature, thank you very much." indie rolled her eyes which made calum scoff and raise his eyebrows. "what?"

calum shook his head, "do you remember back in high school when you absolutely hated going outside? i had to force you to go out with me cause you wouldn't leave your room." he remembered that day very clearly, he remembered spinning her around on a playground and her hitting his back wanting him to stop but he wouldn't.

 he also remembered dropping her onto the ground and blurting out he wanted her to be his girlfriend, he wasn't smooth at all and he still wasn't until that day but he didn't care anymore. calum had indie now and he wouldn't have it any other way.

"oh shut up," she muttered. "you still loved me then anyway, plus, i was really into the fosters, you couldn't take that away from me even if you tried."

"what ever happened to that show?"

indie shrugged. "they changed one of the main characters to a new actor so i stopped watching. jake t. austin was my everything and they replaced him with someone else. i couldn't watch that shit anymore, it broke my heart." calum watched as his girlfriend made the most disappointing facial expressions. indie hadn't changed at all and he wished she never would.

calum couldn't be more in love with indie.

x x x 

"can you please move your ass out of the way? i'm trying to take our luggage!" ashton scolded michael who was sitting on the edge of the conveyor belt barrier waiting for their luggage to arrive. michael and ashton thought it would be a fantastic idea to surprise the lovely couple who were living in cambridgeshire with their presence. 

they had planned it for weeks now, casually just asking calum where he lived weeks ago so they could have the address now. michael looked around, seeing people giving them looks from how strong their foreign accent was, they lived in america but they still had a tiny bit of australian left in them. "seriously, michael!"

michael scoffed, standing up and waiting behind the yellow line while ashton picks up their suitcase and brings it into their trolley. michael would have offered to help but he really didn't want to, mainly because he was just a lazy human being. "are you done?"

ashton rolled his eyes and nodded, taking michael's sports bag and dumping it into the smaller compartment of the trolley. "let's go, i'm hungry, i'm tired and i want to lie down. i seriously want to build an airplane with large ass leg room, do they not think about people over five feet?"

"stop being so grumpy and let's go, i already called the cab service at the information counter, we just need to find the exit and then we can go."