06.

"where were you last night?" luke pulled at indie's arms the minute she trudged down the stairs, indie spun around and shrugged. "don't shrug at me, you didn't come home until a few hours ago. where the hell were you?"

"why do you care?"

"i don't." luke shot, "you weren't supposed to be out late at night, you could've gotten kidnapped." a hint of care still showed through luke's thick stubborn fatigue, as much as he was pissed as hell at her, he still cared. he actually didn't know why he was pissed at her still. now it was just him being pissed for the sake of being pissed, he didn't want to go down without a fight.

"well i wasn't kidnapped, so lay off." indie groaned, rubbing at her face, she couldn't be bothered to argue with him now, she had just gotten home from sending calum off to michael's house. after their awkward little car ride, calum actually dared to kiss indie in front of michael's porch but being the person that she was, indie shoved him back and got out of there. luke followed her around the house like a lost puppy, an annoyed expression on his face. "what do you want luke?"

luke slammed the palm of his hand to the nearest flat surface, "just tell me where the hell you were! it's not that damn hard!"

"goddammit luke!" indie spat, "i went to pick up your best friend because he was drunk off his ass. i went to pick up calum and send him home. jesus, give me a break!"

luke's lips pursed into a tight smile. "why would you do that? he's your ex!"

"does it matter if he's my ex? ashton said none of you guys picked up your phones and calum was actually going to drive home so i made him stay there so i went to pick him up. god luke, if he drove, he would've never made it home."

luke didn't say anything else. indie took the opportunity to turn around and leave, just as she opened the front door, she was too surprised to see calum at the door she shrieked and jumped back. he was standing there sober and smelling of spearmint.

"um hi," calum squeaked, scratching the back of his head awkwardly making the girl raise a brow.

"uh hi?" indie looked around to her surroundings, still not entirely sure why her ex boyfriend was in front of her. "what are you doing here?"

"can i uh--i don't know--come in? i just want to apologise for last night." calum rushed his words.

indie looked over her shoulder to see luke staring a two awkwardly, she didn't want him in it, she shook her head, stepping out of her house and shutting the door behind her. "luke's inside and we just fought, again, can we just walk instead--if that's okay with you."

calum nodded, watching as indie tugged her boots on before taking off together. the walk to nowhere was silent, there was a huge elephant in the room. they stumbled upon a bench that indie never remembered being there. "so what's up?" indie asked as she made the first move and took a seat, he sat down next to her, indie's heart racing at a hundred miles per hour. "is everything okay?"

"i'm dandy," calum shot her a weak smile, tugging at the ends of his sweater so they looked like sweater paws. it was adorable. "i just wanted to say sorry for being a pain in the ass yesterday about everything. i just re - read the texts i sent you and i can't believe you came over for me, you didn't have to but you're such a kind soul because you did it anyway and i just felt the need to thank you."

indie let out a shaky laugh, "it's honestly fine, dude. besides, you took me out for paintball and luke and i got into a fight so i guess you could say we're even now."

"are we really?" calum moved over closer to her, his shoulder give her own a nudge. even the slightest touch from him sent tingles down her spine. "i know you remember what i said by the way, drunk calum was right, i really do miss you."

as if her heart wasn't racing already, his words made her want to crumble up into a hole and die. "i missed you too."

"no indie, you don't get it. i miss you. not missed you. present tense." calum took her hand into his. "i miss your smile, i miss smelling your hair and sleeping next to you. i miss you a lot--"

"calum, you don't want to do this." indie shook her head, warning to stay away but he didn't give in to it.

"i miss your hugs and your obnoxious laugh and i know you miss me too so stop saying you missed me and say that you miss me, just like how i miss you." calum's eyes were sparkling but she still felt like dying. "seeing you with nathan or whatever his name is made me realise how much i still miss you and how much i still need you."

it felt like tears were going to spring into her eyes, she was mentally trying to calm herself and her breathing which was getting pretty rugged. "you have a girlfriend and she really likes you."

an exhale left calum's lips, "i know and ashley is really nice but she isn't you. we were meant for each other dee, you know that, or else you wouldn't be on the verge of tears right now." calum wasn't wrong, indie's eyes were red but no tears had fallen. she shook her head, refusing to believe the words pouring out of calum's sweet mouth.

"you're just hungover calum, you really don't like me. it's just the leftover alcohol talking, besides you had a shit load yesterday night so-" like every cliche movie ever, the only way calum knew how to stop a girl especially indie from talking was to kiss her; and so he did. indie didn't budge or even move an inch until calum pressed his lips harder, she was stupid but she caved. it was like fireworks all over again, the craving of each other's touch was finally present after three years. sparks flew, however, the sparks never burnt out in the first place.

indie was the first to pull away, clamping a hand over her mouth as she did, the tears free falling. "i-i can't believe-oh my god," calum embraced her in his arms, she could feel the muscles he's been building in his arms secured around her but right then, she didn't feel safe at all. she felt like she was in danger. "what did we just do?"

"shh, it's fine." calum kissed the top of her head, he placed a finger under her chin, tilting her head up. "baby, it's my fault. i shouldn't have kissed you. i'm sorry."

"i kissed you back," indie closed her eyes tightly, "i f.ucking kissed you back! i have a f.ucking boyfriend! you have a f.ucking girlfriend! we're such horrible people."

calum continued his attempts at trying to calm the poor girl but it didn't work, he felt stupid but at the same time he wasn't sorry at all, he missed her and it was his way of showing it to her. call him selfish or whatever but he didn't care, he needed her, he needed her back in his life. "baby-"

"don't call me that, calum!" indie snapped, pushing herself away from his embrace, she didn't know what to do but she sure as hell knew she didn't want to be anywhere near him right now. "god, i'm so s-scared."

"of what, indie? what are you scared of?" calum asked, trying to reach for her hand again only to fail as she stood up and brushed at her dirt covered jeans.

indie took a deep breath, "i'm f-uking scared at the fact that i might need you as well." her legs were striding as she ran as far as she could away from him, not even turning back to see if he was chasing after her or not. he wasn't.

the run back to her house was quick, short breaths leaving her dirty kissed mouth as tears were still free falling from her eyes, she swung the door open, bumping into the last person she wanted to see, her brother stood in front of her, his eyes widening at the mess he called his sister, he didn't know what to do but what indie didn't expect at all was to have her embraced by the one person who was holding a grudge against her for all the stupid reasons.

luke let indie clung onto him like a koala, her sobs inevitable as they stained his jacket; it was de ja vu all over again like that time aria broke up with him and he needed her but this time, indie needed luke even more.

-

yay luke and indie are alright..tho

dude the skh ep is so fckign great like jdfdfdkfjdkfj i love it so much like have yall heard the skh alternative version ??? its so weird but i love it

my favourite is jbh and the girl who cried wolf and safety

qotd: whats your favourite song off the ep?