17.

rolling hills, los angeles, was where the two ended up in. auntie norma had done them justice and given them a location to escape, a semi rural area still in los angeles, they couldn't help but feel excited at the sound of having silence, a view and greenery.

indie felt like a ton of bricks had been lifted off her shoulders, her phone was off, she wasn't feeling anxious, the wind was cold and she had calum by her side. that was all she needed.

"do you think we're bad people?" calum asked, they were sat on a small hill with a picnic blankets under their bottoms, a rural city in the view in front of them, sunglasses rested on the bridge of their noses, although it was windy and cold, the sun still shone bright.

indie snorted, "after all the shit that we've done? do you want the truth or do you want to make yourself feel better?"

"the truth."

"well, we're probably the worst human beings to ever exist in the world." indie laughed, cocking her head to look at the boy next to her. his jawline was still sharp enough to cut something solid, and his tan skin matched the weather.

calum joined in, laughing and thinking how stupid they both were to get into relationships, cheat and come back to each other again. they knew they weren't made for anyone else except each other.

"i just hope they're happy without us." calum said, taking his girlfriend's hand and bringing it to his lips.

indie shrugged, "who knows, maybe they'll end up together one day. they might even find us and take us down."

"as long as i'm with you, i wouldn't even mind going down the gutter, baby."

x x x 

"do you ever see me in your future?" calum asked, completely out of the blue. they were sat in calum's car, outside of a nearby mcdonald's, indie's idea of a romantic dinner even though calum protested and said he wanted to shower her with a nice dinner.

indie thought so much about her future with calum and yeah, maybe she did want a future with him. "sometimes ya know, late at night when i can't sleep so yeah, i'm guilty of that."

"good because i was multiple hood babies running around and playing football, no matter the gender."

indie almost spat out her fries, "easy there tiger, we haven't even graduated college yet."

"i know," calum's cheeks became a tint of pink, "but i'm ready to take our future forward, maybe in the future you might even call me daddy."

"over my dead body, hood."

-

i'm feeling this whole short but frequent updated chapters thing, it gives me more life. i mean, 3 chapters in a day???? holy balls.

song of the chapter; uma thurman // fob