Chapter Thirty Eight

Comincia dall'inizio

That's going to kill me before any bullet does.

So innocent and sweet, the complete opposite of what I'm used to. That's another reason I am damn confused by her. She isn't my normal type, but I'm not complaining. No fucking way am I complaining.

I pull myself from my thoughts, focusing my attention on Corey. "Not doing anything," I tell him. "I'm not needed here. I'm going to find something else that demands my attention."

"Hey," Marc calls, making me pause. I look over my shoulder at him, raising an eyebrow in response. "Remember: priorities."

I frown, trying to think what the word means. Priorities, responsibilities. All the same shit. "I can look, just not touch," I mutter, smirking at his narrowed eyes.

"I think we all need to sit down and talk," Marc murmurs.

"Let me know when, and I'll be there," I say, waving my hand before leaving the room. I have a lot to say.

Kota, Doc, and Victor are in the hall putting up a camera. Axel and Mr Blackbourne are out back, talking and pointing—what at, I don't give a shit. Luke, Nathan, and Silas are in the dining room, and I wonder where East could be—the little shit. And Brandon. He's not a little shit though. South, however, is.

Pain in my foot, he is.

I chuckle to myself at the reference as I walk down the hall towards Sang's dad's room. I find Brandon and West inside. I raise my arms above my head, hanging onto the door frame. "Well, well, well...if it isn't my best buddy," I taunt.

South grunts, narrowing his eyes on me. "Oh, look who it is. The fucking little Robin."

"I'm far from little, West," I smirk, grabbing my crotch. "Get me?" I love winding this kid up.

Brandon shakes his head, fighting his laughter while East growls. "The last thing I'm fucking doing with you is comparing dick sizes," South says, his voice getting deeper the angrier he gets; the more I wind him up. "Besides, I'm not in elementary school anymore."

Before I have a chance to reply, the hairs on my arms stand up, and my whole body becomes aware. I turn my head and my eyes land on her. Her head is down as she listens to whatever Gabriel is saying to her, making her smile. My hungry eyes take her in; the wet hair hanging over her shoulder—the good one—the baggy t-shirt she wears is way too big and oversized for her small, tiny body. She's wearing oversized grey sweat pants too. Her feet are bare.

She looks fucking hot.

Her green eyes lift, and almost knock me over when they connect with mine. Fuck, her eyes. So fucking beautiful. The green of her eyes reminds me of emeralds. She smiles wide, and my eyes drop to her lips: perfect teeth, light pink lips, gentle and soft. "Hey," she says softly, stopping at my side.

I drop my hands and lean against the door frame with my shoulder, giving her room. I'm keeping my distance, yet staying close too. I need to be close to her, as close as I can get. "Hi yourself, Little Bird."

Her cheeks tint, and she averts her eyes into the bedroom. She looks around, as if seeing it for the first time before settling her eyes on South and Brandon. "Cameras in here too?"

South nods his head. "Yep, Baby. Everywhere."

I wait for it, the pang of jealousy I've been expecting every time he calls her 'Baby', or when any of the others use their pet names for her, or when they touch her, or just simply interact with her. It doesn't come, it never does.

Fuck, I have no idea what that means. I used to get jealous of Kayli in our early days—when she was with anyone other then me, but I worked through it and eventually, it just disappeared. Even more so when I started resenting her. But with Sang or the Blackbourne team, I was expecting jealousy even though I have no right to be jealous. She's was theirs first, but she's not yet mine, or ours.

I've entertained the idea of more than just the Blackbourne team a few times since yesterday, but keep pushing the idea away. Not because I want to, but because I shouldn't be having those kind of thoughts while I'm technically still with Kayli.

Shit, we really need to sort her out, and figure out what we're going to do about her.

"Alright, just make sure my dad doesn't see them," Sang says softly.

I finally move my eyes from her—it took effort, trust me—and look towards West and Brandon. Brandon's head is tilted to the side, eyes bouncing from me and then to Sang, over and over. When he realises I'm watching him, his eyes lock with mine and stay there.

His jaw clenches, but I know it's not because he's pissed at me, or pissed with the fascination I have over the Little Bird. But because he's just realized that the fascination I feel goes for him too. The others won't admit it yet, but I'm not stupid. I'm an observer. I see the way they are around her.

"He won't, Baby, don't worry," East tells her.

"Yeah, don't worry Little Bird. We have this under control."

Sang looks up at me, and I break eye contact with Brandon to look down at her. Such a tiny thing she is. Her emerald eyes sparkle as they look up at me before dropping to my feet. My whole body tenses, and my eyes go back to Brandon, narrowing as Sang asks,  "How's the foot Raven?"

Brandon and Gabriel throw their heads back, and roar with laughter. South pauses what he's doing, and looks over his shoulder. He smirks at me, and I press my lips together to stop from smiling. "Guess the story got out," he says, shoulders shaking.

Sang's quiet giggles make my smile stretch and I say, "Guess so."

A/N: Who loved Raven's POV? I loved writing it. Flowed so easily. Anyway, I have some news. I'm going to not be updating for about 7-10 days. My daughter is on half term and i want to spend time with her and the rest of our family.

The second thing I want to say is this; Sang + GB Boys + SB Boys = <3 #ConfirmedInformation . Have a lovely week and I'll be back soon!