Chapter 93

"Oh God!" I moaned as another contraction slammed into me. We'd been in the hospital for four hours now and I was now dilated to a seven and we were still waiting the boys to make their appearance.

Vincent stood next to my bed, wiping my forehead, face and chest with a damp wash rag. "I'm so sorry you are uncomfortable" my husband said, a slightly guilty tone to his voice. I turned my head to face him and said "Honey, I wanted this as much as you did. We get through this and look at what we have for life." He leaned over and kissed my forehead and continued comforting me as we played the waiting game.

Two more hours and I was weak, exhausted and hurting like someone was using a machine to tighten a belt around my lower belly as I groaned loudly again when another contraction hit. "Jesus help me" I whined and waited for Dr. Sylvio to come in and check me again.

"Calli, its time" the doctor said, smiling while they set up everything and got me as comfortable as possible until it was time to start pushing. Vincent was standing to my left, in his gown and mask and all I could see were his gorgeous eyes, eyes that told me how much love he had for me.

Positioning himself at my feet and under a blue medical sheet, he asked me if I was ready. I shook my head and took a deep breath and prepared myself to start pushing and when Dr. Sylvio told me to push, he instructed Vincent to count to ten and then let up a rest.

We would do this until Luciano made his debut and then we would do it again for Lorenzo and then I could collapse and sleep for a month. I looked over at Vincent and smiled tiredly at him as he caressed my sweaty forehead.

"Alright Calli, it's time. You feel a sensation that will make you feel like you need to push, just bear down, push and Vincent you count to ten. Relax and then I will let you know to continue. We ready?" he asked. I nodded and readied myself for pain like I've never felt before.

It felt like the countdown to eternity, pushing, counting to ten and then finally after all that work, we heard Luciano's first cries and it sounded like pure heaven.

"Baby Boy A" Dr. Sylvio called out happily, I cried and grinned, feeling like a medical experiment gone awry, he told me that it wasn't over and essentially here we go again with the pushing and the counting and the cursing.

"Oh God will someone please get this kid out of me now!" I screamed, crunching Vincent's hand. "You're doing well baby, just a little longer" he encouraged and at that moment I loved him again until the next contraction hit.

"Please!" I wailed and then we heard the second cry, Lorenzo, our second son and as they took him off, I fell back against the bed, crying and weak from the pain but I wouldn't trade any of this experience for any amount in the world.

"Calli, you did so good, baby. Our sons are here, safe and it's all because of you" Vincent said, kissing my forehead. "I wanna see our sons, Vincenzo" I said weakly. He nodded and said that he would be right back.

I kept looking over to my right, where Vincent was standing with the nurses as they cleaned up, weighed and did all of their tests, then he turned and looked at me and smiled, so I returned the smile and proceeded to wait for them to come back to me.

"Here they are" Vincent said, holding Luciano out to me. Taking him, I just gazed at his sweet little face, studying his beautiful little face and seeing which one of us he looked like the most.

Getting him adjusted, I asked Vincent for Lorenzo, I wanted both of my sons in my arms and as soon as he laid him in my other arm. I was in love and inspite of everything I'd just gone through, I was willing to do it again, for one more baby.

"When you're ready, everyone is waiting for the word to come in" Vincent said, looking at me and smiling like he was the happiest man in the world. "Let them come in, bring them in" I said excitedly while he nodded, got up and walked from our room.

My parents, Vincent's parents, Bri and Luca, Vincent's men and finally key head figures from their syndicate, that's who came filing into the private room, to join us in the extreme joy that we felt as we welcomed our sons and the rightful heirs to the Siranni famiglia.

I watched my parents and Vincent's hold their grandsons, the mothers cooing and kissing the soft downy heads and the fathers talking about how they are going to take them fishing, teach them to cook and work on cars.

"You are one amazing woman" Vincent told me, leaning over and giving me a lingering kiss on my lips and when he pulled back, we just stared into each other's eyes. "I'm so happy right now but I am so tired and all I want to do is sleep" I laughed. "Well I promise I will make sure you get plenty of rest because if anyone deserves it, you do baby" Vincent said lovingly.

Watching my family, all together in one room and under the same roof, because of the birth of our sons and I couldn't have been more grateful and while I was relieved when Vincent explained my dad's role in everything, I still hadn't forgiven him for cheating on my mom.

I was sure we could work through it but I was going to make him work for every bit of forgiveness but not to me, but my mother and his wife. We still had a long way to go, my dad and I, but I knew if my mom and I could come as far as we had, I knew my dad and I could, it would just take a little longer.

I was pulled from my thoughts when Vincent called out to me, while carrying Luciano, he was starting to fuss and was hungry and now it was time to see how much those 'How to Nurse' self help books actually taught me and how much I retained.

Motioning for Vincent to close the privacy curtain, I moved my gown to the side and placed Luciano up to my left breast and hissed as he latched on with his little vacuum mouth. "Oh, ow, Christ son!" I gritted as he suckled from me.

"I think that is the sexiest and sweetest thing I've ever seen" Vincent commented as I rolled my eyes at his typical male comment. I lifted Luciano onto my shoulder, burped him and held him for a bit and then put him to my other breast and just sat amazed at the whole process.

Those two little boys came out of my body, made from mine and Vincent's love for each other and the reality of this situation was a whole lot of responsibility, grooming later for the business and trying to be the best parents we could be, love our children and keep them safe...always.

*THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE FROM VINCENT'S POV AND HE WILL BE SPENDING TIME WITH THE BOYS WHILE THINKING BACK TO WHEN HE TOOK CARE OF DANTE AND MEENA AGASSI FOR THEIR TREACHERY AGAINST THE SIRANNI FAMIGLIA*