Chapter 27

(continuation of Chapter 26)

I continued staring at Vincent after uttering those three little words, words that could either make or break a person and from the look on his face, it made him...happy.

How did I know this? The smile on his face said it all and then he spoke. "I have found myself taking those three words, putting them in a place that only you have the key to, and in those times when I can't find myself or can't stand to look in the mirror, I will pull them out, imagining how you sounded when you said them and they will bring me back home. To you, Calliope Rose Mancini. Ti amo, mi fiore."

God save me! Who is this man? How is it possible that a made man, a killer, could utter such poetic words? And he said he loved me, in our beloved native language!

I watched my hands go to either side of his face, slowly bringing him down to just above my lips, as I say "I will always bring you back home. Back to me. Back in my arms where you belong."

We made love to each other, again, like before with our kind of foreplay, but at an unhurried pace and in that moment, we forged a bond that can never and will never be broken or undone. Never.

I watched Vincent get out of bed, grab an expensive gray Versace suit and shirt from our closet and start to dress.

Getting up completely naked and completely unashamed at my lack of clothing, I swayed toward Vincent, my hair gently waving back and forth as I reached for the black patterned tie in his hand.

I'd always seen this in movies or read about it in books but this time I was the one getting to act out a scene from my own mind's concocting.

I was totally aware of his gaze on my naked form as I tied my fiancé's tie with precision and professionalism, earning that sexy Siranni smirk that makes me wet in all the right places.

"All done" I said quietly, my hands still on his chest. I watched him lower his head to mine and resting forehead to forehead, he muttered "Promise me that you will always be here to do this for me."

"I promise, Vincenzo." His breath hitched as his given name rolled from my lips and I favored him with a heartfelt smile.

"The shareholders from mine and my father's winery are in meetings all day so you will probably not hear from me until I get ready to come home. Are you okay with this?" I nodded.

I received one more ferocious kiss that left me reeling and caressing my lips and then he was gone, leaving me to soak in his scent.

I sighed, giggled and then got dressed and ran to Bri's room. Knocking like a woman possessed, she finally answered the door and I grabbed her in a hug and began dancing around.

"What happened?" Bri asked excitedly. Smiling like a buffoon, I said "I told him and he said it back!" I yelled.

Clasping her hands to her mouth, she stared at me for just a moment and then ran and jumped on her bed, shrieking with joy.

She was so loud, it brought Clarissa running like to a fire. "What in the name of all that is holy are you two carrying on about?"

Bri looked at me and I at her, cleared my throat and approached Clarissa, took a deep breath in and told her.

"Vincent and I just told one another how we feel. We told each other that we loved the other." There I said it, stepped back and waited for her reaction.

She drew the corner of her apron up and dabbed her eyes. "My darling, welcome to mi famiglia" and the three of us hugged.

When mama left the room, Bri and I talked animatedly about going out this evening, our dresses, shoes, hair and makeup.  I brought her to mine and Vincent's room to show her my dress and shoes.

"Calli you are gonna look so hot tonight my brother won't know what hit him" she laughed.

She was referring to the lilac lace covered body con dress and nude six inch heels, both gifts from nona.  That sly old girl knew exactly what she was doing when she purchased that outfit.

"Will you let me do your hair and makeup?" Bri asked.  "Sure" I responded.  "Now, tell me what's going on between you and Luca."

She looked completely startled at my statement but didn't try denying it and I settled back and listened.

"I've liked him for some time and I know, or at least I think I know, that he feels the same way.  We've kissed a couple of times but nothing ever happened beyond that."  She smiled sadly at me.

"Why not?  Vincent isn't standing in the way, is he?"  I would talk to him if her answer was yes.

She shook her head no.  "Life just kind of happened.  He went to Vegas with Vinny and I just never got up the nerve."

"Well tonight, he's going to get an idea of just what he's been missing.  I'm going to do your hair and makeup.  Now, show me what you're wearing" I asked.

She was going to be a knockout!  She had a red body con dress and red six inch heels and with her hair and skin tone, Mr. Luca Adamo wouldn't know what hit him.

After spending all day with mama in the kitchen, we were finally dismissed at five to start getting ready for our outing.

We both got our showers out of the way and I brought all my stuff across the hall to her room.  I texted Vincent to let him know, not expecting a response, I just couldn't chance him coming to look for me.

Surprise was the order of the day and our men were about to have their breath taken away by two sexy and gorgeous women!

I straightened Bri's hair and it looked amazing!  She didn't need foundation, so I used some powder, heavy eyeliner, smoky eyes, lots of mascara, a little blush and red lip stain.

She was a knockout when I finished with her, but when she came out of the bathroom in her dress and shoes, I couldn't help but be enthralled by my soon to be sis-in-law.

"Holy water!"  I exclaimed, causing her to blush.  "Luca's going to flip out!"  I giggled.  She giggled and nodded, then said after kicking her heels off "It's your turn now."

She put big, soft curls in my long locks and instead of brushing my hair, she just ran her fingers through it, loosening up the curls.

She did the same kind of makeup as I'd done on her but with one exception, my lips.  They wore a nude lip gloss instead.

"Okay" she said.  "It's almost seven.  Vinny will be home any time now, so go get dressed."

I had a lilac lace covered bra and matching thong to wear underneath and after getting those on, I carefully slipped my dress on, then heels and turned to look at myself in the mirror.

I almost didn't recognize myself.  I looked beautiful!  After spritzing on my Eternity, I walked out to show Bri her handy work.

"Holy heck!" She squeaked.  "Vinny is gonna be speechless and I can't wait to see that!"  She had that same smirk and I loved it on her as much as I did Vincent.

My phone buzzed.  It was Vincent!  He and Luca were waiting for us downstairs, it was finally time!

"Alright girl.  It's showtime!"  I linked arms with Bri and we both walked downstairs, lionesses to our prey.

I could hear Luca and Vincent in deep discussion about the winery but when they saw us, their mouths dropped open and they both said "Fanculo!"  Enough said.