Chapter 38

I sat in the car next to Vincent on our way back home from spending the day in the village, my right arm curled possessively around his waist.

"I had a great time with you today" I told him as I looked up into his eyes.  He smiled that smile, you know the one that you would stop at nothing in order to see?  Yeah, that one.

"Did you now?" He asked bemused.  I nodded as I slowly stroked his side.  "Well I'm glad to hear it" he said.  "Because I have one other stop I want to make before we are home for the evening" he finished.

"Okay" I said only concentrating on how good he felt beneath my hand, the firmness of his abdomen indicating how well he took care of himself.

We rode the rest of the way in thoughtful silence, until I realized we were heading towards what looked like a small, private beach area.

Luca looked at Vincent through the rear view mirror letting him know that we had arrived at our destination.  Vincent nodded and indicated that he should let us out right here.

Stopping the vehicle, Luca got out and opened the door for his boss, who in turn took my hand helping me from the car.

I noticed Antonio and Niccola walking behind us while Luca stayed with the car.  We walked a bit down a somewhat hidden path until I could hear the waves of the Adriatic Sea lapping at the side of the small hill we were on.

There was a beautiful bench under a full, leafy tree and I followed Vincent, sitting down next to him.  I couldn't help but notice that he looked nervous and I couldn't stand it.

"Vincent, what's the matter baby?"  He sighed while looking at me, so I took his hand and said "Vincent, talk to me.  You're starting to scare me."  And that was the truth, his body language wasn't right.

"I need to tell you some things and all I ask is that you hear me out and then you can ask me anything, okay?"  I nodded, holding my breath and waiting for him to continue.

"The Syndicate was not amused with all of the 'entertaining' that I was doing and they basically gave me an ultimatum.  Straighten up, find a suitable wife and get married, or risk losing my position as head of my family and to be honest I was pissed, but then I met you.

You completely changed every concept that I had about monogamy.  I have never wanted to be with the same woman more than once until the night you and nona checked into my hotel.

You were kind and genuine.  You had something about you that I couldn't stay away from and found that I didn't want to.

You're so unspoiled and unselfish and next to my mother and sister, I'd never met another female that was like them until you.

I've never considered marriage until you and now I find its all I think about.  Waking up next to my wife is something I want, I want what my parents have and it never seemed attainable until you.

Then your nona contacted me and told me the things that you were being subjected to, so her and I put a plan in motion to basically rescue you."

I carefully considered what he'd just told me but I knew he hadn't considered that I already knew about the Syndicate basically forcing him to marry, although I didn't know about nona's part until later.

All he did by telling me, was solidify that I could trust him and the fact that he was worried about me walking away spoke volumes.

I got up and walked around for a moment, then came back and stood in front of him.  Crawling onto his lap, I made him look at me and then started talking.

"Vincent do you love me?" He answered without hesitation. "Si. More than anything cara mia." "Will you protect me and be faithful only to me?" Again he answered in the affirmative.

I was satisfied with the answers he provided me, so I leaned in without warning and planted a kiss right on his lips, hoping he knew what it meant.

"Now that this is settled, what else do we need to discuss, Vincenzo?" I loved the smirk I received from him by calling him by his given name.

"You will, no doubt, make an amazing wife, Calliope" he said, turning it back around on me, causing me to throw my head back and laugh.

"I will give it a hundred percent, Mr. Siranni, of that you can rest assured. Now, what other things need discussing, because I am very anxious to get home and try out that beautiful bathtub with my sexy fiancé."

His answer was to return my kiss but in his own way and that was to leave me breathless and with swollen lips. I pulled back from him slowly, our eyes speaking volumes.

"I am hosting a party two nights from now, where I will introduce you to the people I answer to, that my family and yours answer to and business associates and lastly I want to discuss when you would like to get married."

"So I get a 'coming out' party?" I joked as he rolled his eyes at my question, then nodded yes. I grinned like an idiot at the idea of it and I was just a little proud that I would be presented on his arm in front of everyone.

"Vincent I would marry you tomorrow, on the beach in shorts but to be honest, I would love to have a wedding, wear my dream gown and have your father walk me down the aisle. Oh and I would want the ceremony at Villa Clarissa."

"I love you, Calliope Rose Mancini. Now, I want to go home so I can make love to my woman." He seemed agreeable to my answers.

I stood up, reached out with my hand and said "Come on baby. I very much want to get you naked and I'm not feeling very patient about it."

Taking my hand, he gave it a good squeeze as we headed back to the car, but before we reached it, he stopped, turned and said "With the help of my mother and sister, can you put together what you want in say a week? Or would you need longer?" I smiled and said "Sit back and watch me work!"

Once in the car, I laid back in his arms, as we enjoyed the quiet ride home, our minds going crazy with all the planning that needed doing and to be honest, I was ready to be his wife.

It didn't take long to arrive back at the villa and much to our surprise we found that we had the place to ourselves.

Clarissa and Bri were out shopping and Alberto was out and about, leaving Vincent and I to enjoy the rest of the evening alone.

"Get your sexy ass up to our bathroom while I talk with Luca" Vincent whispered as I nodded okay.  Giving him a quick kiss, I headed inside and up the stairs.

I got undressed in a hurry, put my hair up and started the bath, dropping in a few drops of Jasmine essential oils and lit some candles.

The sun was starting to go down so the candles would be a perfect touch to the already sexually charged atmosphere.

I was glad I didn't have to wait long for Vincent as I heard the bedroom door shut and then a few moments later his very naked body appeared.