Chapter 51

I hadn't seen much of Vincent since our engagement party and my longing for him, not just the physical aspect of it but our conversations, him leaning over and kissing my forehead, us laughing, all of it, I profoundly missed him.

I sighed as I dressed for my day, a day that would hopefully take my mind off missing Vincent. I was supposed to go shopping again with Bri and Clarissa as I hadn't had any luck finding a wedding dress.

Once in the car, Meo had been assigned to drive us, and Clarissa immediately spoke up when she noticed my melancholy mood for the second day in a row.

"Calli, tesoro, what's the matter?" I hadn't realized that I had tears forming in my eyes until she said something and when I saw how kindly she and Bri were looking at me, I lost it.

"It's just I miss Vincenzo. I haven't seen him or actually talked to him in three days. Since we've been together, this is the first time we've been apart and I'm not sure what to do or how to handle it."

Clarissa laid a gentle hand on top of mine, causing a little sob to escape from her touch of kindness. Bri was looking at me with a sadness in her eyes and all of a sudden, it hit me.

She and her mother were in the same boat as me and I suddenly felt very selfish. I sat up and straightened out my top and asked for a tissue.

Once I'd gotten myself together, I apologized for my behavior, to which Clarissa told me not to worry and Bri squeezed my hand in acknowledgement.

"Now, I really want to find a wedding dress!" I said laughing as Clarissa gave Meo an address to a friend's shop and she felt sure I'd find something there.

While in route to the dress maker's shop, Clarissa told me that she had already retained a wedding planner and this man was so good, he could get what they wanted and in the time frame they were needing it.

"His name is Franco.  He's going to meet us at five to show you some ideas, based off your color scheme, and I think you are going to really be impressed" she said animatedly.

"Oh my gosh!"  I said suddenly.  "What is it?" Bri asked.  "I just realized that I don't have a ring for Vincent!"   I couldn't
get married without a ring to slip on my fiancé's finger!

Shaking her head, Clarissa let me know right away that all was under control. She had our day planned out like a well oiled machine.

So I decided the best thing I could do was sit back, relax and enjoy being with my soon-to-be mother and sister-in-law and have fun and that's exactly what I did.

The day couldn't have started out any better than finding my dress within twenty minutes of being in the dress shop.

Carlo, the shop keeper and tailor, had one more dress to show me and in his words he knew this was the one. So I went into the dressing room and tried it on.

The dress looked strapless, save the tiny portion that went around my shoulders and dipped into the shape of a V. The rest of the dress was made from a satiny material covered in the same lace.

My breath hitched when I saw myself and I couldn't believe how pretty I looked and so before walking out, I placed the veil on my head and pulled it down over my face.