Chapter 86

Vincent hadn't really slept in nearly twenty days, ever since he'd received that dreaded phone call from an incapacitated Franco that Bri and his wife had been kidnapped. And to make matters worse, Meo had been killed trying to protect Calli and Bri.

They had found Bri's cell phone in the dressing room of the boutique and then Calli's was found on the side of the road five miles from where they were.

With red-rimmed eyes, Vincent looked over the map of the area until he was seeing two of everything and what's worse is his mind was playing all sorts of horrible scenarios which he couldn't even deal with right now.

Alberto walked into the study that looked like the scene of a break-in.  The normal pristine room was ransacked and Alberto knew his son was suffering as was he.  It was not only his daughter that was missing, but his daughter-in-law and unborn grandchild.

"Vincenzo, I would never tell you what to do but it's time.  We need his help on this and if we've got him deep in, we need to pull him out to find out what he knows."

Vincent knew his father was right and ever since the man came to him, showing his willingness to help, especially after the true nature of what Dante really wanted, Antoine Mancini wanted no part of it and came to Vincent with everything and in turn, Vincent let him live.

"Make the call" Vincent said, his voice raspy with lack of sleep.  Alberto nodded and pulled his cell phone from his jacket pocket.  A disembodied male voice answered and Alberto said only one thing.  "It's time to serve your Don."  And he hung up.

Looking at his son, he said "It's done."  Vincent nodded while Luca, an injured Franco, Domenico and Niccola came I and stood in front of him.

Looking up, Vincent looked at his men.  "I thought I said for you to go get some rest."  Luca stepped up and said "Our queen and your sister are missing.  You don't sleep, neither do we."

Pinching the bridge of his nose, he lifted his head and looked at his men.  "It's very appreciated.  Dom, you look at the street camera vids again, the rest of you split up the map and check cameras for routes you think they might have taken."  The men nodded and got to it straight away.

Just as Vincent was about to say something to his father, it sounded like all hell was breaking loose in the rest of the house.  Walking out, he found Anastasia trying to attack Antoine.

"Did you have something to do with our daughter and Bri being taken?" She screamed at the man while Clarissa held her back then Anastasia went at him again. "Neither one of us have ever been good parents to her, and until just recently her and I have been good, but we may never get another chance" the woman wailed, going to her knees.

Vincent kneeled down beside Anastasia and whispered something in her ear, whipping her head up, she stared like a zombie at his words.

"Oh my God" she cried softly as Vincent's mother helped her up, leading her to her bedroom. "I'm calling the doctor, Vincenzo. She needs something to knock her out." Vincent looked wearily at his mother and said "Mama, don't wear yourself too thin." He was concerned about her state of mind as well.

"I'll stay busy, here in the kitchen. I will get fresh coffee going for everyone. You do what you need to and bring our girls home" she turned before he could see her weep into her apron.

Vincent looked at his father-in-law and said "We are in the study. Come." The man nodded and followed his Don and once inside, he began telling there everything he knew.

"There's a safe house, outside the village, deep inside the forest but I know for a fact that they have been moved again. I'm not sure how much he trusts me yet, if at all, but I was told, by one of his men, that Meena gave Calli a reprieve and that as soon as the baby is born, she is to be killed and Bri will be released as well.

Meena thinks that she is coming here, with your child, and you will raise the baby together. They are being treated well and Calli has been under a doctor's care. I will see if I can find out where they have been taken now" Antoine said.

Vincent knew he wouldn't last much longer, or his men for that fact, if they didn't get sleep, so he sent everyone upstairs, to pick a room and settle in for the night and they would pick it back up in the morning.

He dreaded more than anything going into their room, with her not there, the room smelled of her and somewhere in his mind, he could hear her laughing, seeing her sexy smile and feeling her touch.

He stripped down and jumped in the shower, trying to wash away the day, actually the past twenty days.  Placing his hands on the shower wall, he let the hot water rush over his tired body and for this time only, he allowed his emotions to take precedence and he let out a wail, like a wounded animal that needed to be put down.

Feeling more exhausted than ever, he slipped on his pj bottoms and climbed into bed, putting his head on her pillow, his eyes finally closed.

"No!!!" Vincent screamed, sitting bolt right up in bed, his body covered in sweat.  Another nightmare.  Was he going to survive this?  Would Calli and Bri?  For now they would be okay but he preferred not to use up the entire nine months trying to find them.

This much he did know, Dante and Meena would pay with their lives.  Meena might get her death quickly because she showed compassion for his unborn child but Dante, it would come slowly and painfully.

Pouring himself a huge scotch, Vincent sat out on the balcony until he watched the sun start to come up and he dreaded the possibility that another day would come and go without any word on the whereabouts of his family.