Chapter 27: Police Force

I dove down a few houses away and changed back. After that, I ran towards her house. It was hard getting through all the cars and other vehicles, but eventually I made it through, only to crash into a human wall. A few of the men looked down at me. I stood up and glared up at them. They had guns and protective gear, but I didn't care. Angel could be in danger.
"State your purpose," a man barked at me.
"I need to get inside," I said plainly. I started trying to push through them, but they didn't budge.
"We cannot let anyone in without authorized permission," he said. "We are conducting a search for supernatural objects or people."
That gave me an idea somehow. "But I need to get in!" I yelled. "That girl is my sister!"
The exchanged glances and let me through them and the other walls of men. I ran inside once getting through and looked for where she could be. I didn't think I would find her. There were so many people in the house looking for anything out of the ordinary. Hello?! I'm a shapeshifting girl who was exposed multiple times on the news and I'm not recognized? This is good. At least, I thought it was.
I heard talking over the whispers of people. I looked for the talking. After going up to the third and top floor, I found her being interrogated. I didn't come out at first. I thought towards her, 'Hey Angel. It's Sylvia. If you can hear me, I'm about to come out. Make it look like I'm your sister.' After that, I walked around the corner and exclaimed, "Angel!!!"
She was a bit shocked at first, but then my thoughts seemed to reach her, and she yelled, "Sylvia!!!" I ran over and hugged her. She looked petrified of the men so I turned and glared at them with Angel in my arms.
"And who might you be?" asked one of them. "We are kind of busy."
"I'm her sister," I started. "And I'm here to help her."
"Well maybe you can help us. We are interrogating her on any paranormal activity that may have happened here."
"I told you, nothing happened here!" Angel yelled. "I just live here with my mom - and sister!" She almost forgot to mention me.
"That can't be true," said one of the men. "We have gotten multiple reports on activity happening here. Just tell us now, and there will be no consequences."
"How can you give consequences to us if we don't have what you're looking for?" I said. "We have nothing but our family here."
"Well maybe this will help," one of them said. He pulled out his phone and turned on the news, which happened to show a live broadcast of animal control. I had not expected the next part.
     The broadcast showed my friends, talking about something while crying. Something terrible was happening to them.