Chapter 16: Captured by a Camera

"Thank you," I whispered to Angel. "Thank you."
"Why wouldn't I help?" she replied, "As long as I'm here, you're going to be safe, I promise." We were still hugging. Neither of us wanted to let go knowing the other had a secret to protect from the world. Eventually we stopped. "So, what now?" she asked.
"You took the words right out of my mouth." I replied. "I honestly don't know what to do." 'Maybe we could show each other more of what we can do,' I thought. Seriously, I have to stop thinking in my head! Obviously, she read my mind.
"What do you mean?" she asked, "What else can you do?"
"Do you have a pool nearby away from people?" I asked. Obviously, showing her I could be a hawk and dolphin required a pool.
"Let's go to the backyard," she said. "We have a pool back there. Why do you need a pool?"
I walked past her without a word. I was nervous enough doing this.
"Cmon! Tell me!" she was getting anxious. "You're mind is like completely blocking any thoughts! Is this another power? What's going on -what is you're name even? I never asked, sorry-"
"Sylvia." That was the only word I allowed myself to say. Well, I had more to say. "And you're Angel." She was in shock that I finally said my name and that I remembered hers. We went outside and I saw the pool. It wasn't as nice as the lake in the forest, but at least it was big enough.
"Ready?" I asked.
     "Do it!" she yelled. "I can't wait!"
     I changed into a wolf to start it off. I ran around to the back of the pool and changed into a hawk. I flew up and made it obvious it was me. She stared in awe at me. I changed into a dolphin and splashed into the pool. I felt free swimming like I was at home.
     "Is that your home?" she asked. Duh! She read my mind! This girl doesn't have to be told anything and yet she knows everything.
     I jumped out while changing back to avoid being wet or flopping on the ground. "Well, kinda." I replied. I visualized my entire home in my mind so she could see it. I tried so hard to keep my friends out of the picture. It seemed like it worked, or else she would have said something.
     "It's beautiful," she said. "I wish I lived there."
     "Yeah, I wish I was back there. I had no worries except for-" I cut myself off to prevent myself from giving away my friends.
"What worries?" I had grabbed Angel's attention. Great, what to say?
"My survival." It was the only response I had. "Survival is important to me. That may be the only reason I survived all these years."
"Don't worry, we'll get you back home. Just let the tension settle and then it should be safe."
"I hope so," I said. "I just hope so."
Oh, how I wish I looked over my shoulder at that very moment. There was the guy with a camera there, recording it all. Seriously, how does he do it? I need to be more vigilant than I am, or else I'll be screwed. Wait, I am screwed! I was caught on camera for the third time!!!