Chapter 14: Hunting the Hunted

"Great, what now?" Miranda asked. "She's nowhere here. She can't be dead! She must have escaped and is now in the city."
     "The city?!" exclaimed Dylan. "She is probably wondering what to do all alone out there!"
     "Do you not know who Sylvia is?!" yelled Alecia. "She is the most brave and tough girl you will ever know! She is probably fine. All we have to do is find her, and we will be home free."
     "Then let's go!" Miranda said. "She shouldn't have to wait much longer!"
     "Where though?" asked Dylan.
     The next word was from Skylar, who hadn't said a word and was unnaturally being way quieter than he usually was. Way more quiet than Dylan! That was hard to beat. "Just go north." He pointed north, which was to the left of everyone. Nobody question what Skylar said to do. They all took off at a run down the street, in hope of going the right way.
     Wow, just wow. When I heard that part of the story, I was darned when they had chosen the right way. It shouldn't have taken much longer. Boy was I wrong.
     "What now?" Miranda seemed bored. They had been running for an hour in their human forms and hadn't gotten through the city. "This city is endless. We will never find her!"
     "Don't be like that," Skylar said. "We will find her, and we will do it soon." He wasn't giving up so easily. If you remember from a while ago, he was just thinking what had happened to the girl he loved. How did he even love me? Well that's just a reminder. Back to the search.
     "Well then, Mr. I-Know-We-Can-Find-Her, where is she?"
     "I didn't say I know where she is," he replied, "I just know she is fine and that we will find her soon. It's not like she's in Antartica or something."
     "I suggest searching the city's center?" asked Dylan, "We can find out anything there."
Alecia didn't respond, she just took off north again, towards the tower that marked the city's center. Everyone followed her shortly. They were determined to find out what happened to me soon.
Thing was, they didn't know that I had been on the news, with evidence of me on video, and that they had been caught, too.