Chapter 26: Separated Again

I ran as fast as I could towards the room where my friends had been before I was taken away again. By the time I had got there, all I saw were locked cages and boxes, with nobody in them.
"Guys?" I asked nervously. "You there?" I saw that the video camera was turned off. I guessed it was my friends doing. Knowing they escaped and were probably looking for me, I ran out and looked anywhere I could. Doing my best to avoid everyone, I looked for any sign of my friends being here. No trace to be found. Nothing and nothing.
     There was only one thing I could think of to do. Go to Angel and hope she was alright. My friends would know to go there first. You may be wondering, why not go home? Well, it isn't smart to go when the whole city is very likely closely watching the forest for any more supernatural activity from the "Land-Sea-Sky Squad." Remember that old name? I miss the good old days of living life with no rules and freedom to be myself.
     I ran outside, ignoring the only working camera at the front desk. I looked for a safe place to change. There was no safe place. Everyone was wandering the city. Somehow I was blending in. Thank god for phones these days. It brought a great distraction for me to avoid attention. Thing was, where do I morph when people could look up in a second and get everyone's attention in another second?
After a while of wandering and somehow avoiding attention, I found an alley. Hmm, why is this alley familiar? Oh yeah, it's where I was caught as a wolf fighting the camera guy. I changed into a hawk and flew straight towards her house. I just hoped to god that she was safe, as well as my friends. By the way, anyone realize I lost them again either after meeting them not long ago? Yeah, kind of sad.
After a few minutes of flight over the city, somehow not gaining attention, I reached her house. Only one problem.
Her house wasn't her house anymore. It looked like a big SWAT team base with all the police cars, people, police, armed men, and cameras covering her house, inside and out.

If Only They Knewजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें