Chapter 6: Escaping Terror

I just gasped in horror at what I witnessed. Some of the scientists who weren't as busy turned towards me. I didn't know what to do with my mouth hanging open and not moving. This happens a lot, me not moving. It's a pattern if you haven't noticed. Well, not a pattern, more of an on and off thing that is always changing.
"Are you the intern?" Asked an old scientist. The first thing that popped into my mind was, 'Is that Albert Einstein in the 20th century?' I came back to reality, knowing that wasn't Einstein.
     I replied, "Intern?..." I had nothing else to say. I had to blend in, so I added, "Yes, yes I'm the intern."
"Well good!" said the old guy. "We're here to teach you anything you need to know to get started! What will it be first, dissecting or butchering?"
I wondered what to say. I had no idea what to do when I was asked to do two horrible things. I know I hunted things, but I never did THIS to them. I had to think of something, and fast.
I was cut short. A man bursted through the door, out of breath, like he just ran a marathon. I turned and looked at him. His face was familiar, but I wasn't able to analyze who it was yet.
"The-the. Wo-wolf. It's. gone!" He yelled with whatever of his voice was left. "It escaped!" He looked like he was going to pass out at any minute. I went pale, knowing I was the one who escaped. It was kind of funny that he was freaking out, but t was also nerve-wrecking to know I could be caught at any minute.
"How?! That's almost impossible!" A scientist yelled. 'Define impossible,' I thought. 'Anything is possible, especially with me.' I almost cracked up at my own joke, but I had to hide it, just like with everything in my life. One word used to describe my life would be either weird, unnatural, or secretive. It's all three of those, actually. I came back to reality to hear fighting.
"It was YOUR responsibility!" yelled a different scientist.
"Did you leave the door open?!" another yelled. "Knowing YOU, it probably found an open latch in the cage and got out the open door!"
"No way did I leave that cage or door open!" the man yelled back. "That wolf would've eaten me if the cage had an unlocked latch! And if the door was open, we would've continued to hear it's barking!"
"SHUT UP!!!" Guess who said that. Me. I yelled for everyone to shut up. Everyone went silent. They knew I had more to say, and I did. "You guys are ridiculous! Seriously, LEAVE THAT WOLF ALONE!" I was furious now. "You're underestimating the intelligence in animals! They are so much smarter than we will ever know! How the hell do you think that wolf escaped? Oh, I don't know. It probably freaking TELEPORTED to CHINA by the sound of what you guys are fighting over! We have no idea how it escaped, END OF STORY!!!" I finished that last part almost out of breath on a really loud scream. I was just done. I walked out, just plain walked out. Somehow, it was like I knew the way out, because I found the exit in a second. I walked out. Thank god that was out of the way. Time to get back home.
I was so STUPID! That man is the guy who captured me! And he had the pieces of the broken security camera in his hand! I'M SO DEAD!!!