She was confused as to what the older girl was talking about. In her eyes, Lauren was everything, but to hear things like that run out the taller girl's mouth hurt. Should she believe what Lauren is saying now, or is she just in a mood? Or, is Lauren in her vulnerable state, the only way she'll hear the things Lauren would otherwise hide?

"Wh-what are you-u talking ab-about-t," Camila shook while her eyes began to water.

"I like you Camila..." Lauren spoke before pausing.

"I like you too, Lauren."

"But..."

"But?"

Lauren began to cry harder as she tried to form her next sentence. She didn't want to bring up Lucy but Lucy is the cause of all her problems. To solve a problem she first has to end what's causing it.

"Lauren, talk to me. I'm nervous," Camila said as she pulled away from the older girl and stood a few feet back.

"I like another girl," Lauren rushed out before she hid her face in her warm hands.

Camila's heart dropped into the pit of her stomach and she felt herself struggle for air. She knew she had feelings for Lucy, but hearing them come out of her mouth was beyond painful. It never helped when her mind was against her and kept repeating the same four words.

"I'm sorry, Camz. I'm sorry, Camz," Lauren repeated over and over again. "I'm a horrible person. I know. I'm sorry."

The young mother wanted to run into Lauren's room and grab Alexa, then hide from Lauren, but even if she wanted to she couldn't.  Her daughter was too young and invested in Lauren to understand what was happening, and there was no way her family would let her hide away from the "activities" they had planned.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry," Lauren repeated over and over again when Camila didn't utter out a word.

Her hatred for herself grew as time ticked by. She should have been straight forwarded with both of them at the beginning. If she had the option to chose right in the second, she would know who she wanted, but with Camila and soon to be Lucy, she had no chance with either of them. Game over.

After a few minutes, Lauren got her tears and breathing under control. She let herself calm down, and while her body still burned, she felt better than she ever has this entire week. Getting her feelings out helped more than anything. It felt like she was Ben Higgins on the Bachelor when he told not only Lauren, but JoJo too that he loved them. Although, it wasn't as extreme as having the whole world watch her, it still caused her pain. It's normal to have feelings for more than one person, but it's not right to pursue the feelings with more than one person.

Lauren finally removed her hands from her face and saw a sight she never expected. Camila was still standing right in front of her. She expected Camila to run away the second she told her, but oddly the brown-eyed mother stuck around. 

"What are you still doing here?" Lauren asked with confusion. "I thought you would've been gone by now."

"Do you want me to be gone?" Camila asked as she wiped the last tear from her tear stained cheek.

"No, no, no," Lauren said quickly. "I just didn't expect you to stay when I hurt you more than ever."

"Follow me," Camila said, reaching forward and grabbing ahold of Lauren's hand. Camila intertwined their fingers, and began to run her thumb over Lauren's thumb as she led her down the sidewalk to the bay.