Chapter 34

~ Sophia's POV ~

~ Sophia's POV ~

We were back on the road again. This time was different though. After Ryder saved me from Jason we left Drake's.

"So how did you find me?" I asked barely above a whisper. He looked at me then back to the road.

"Ive been following your trail since the first time Jason's abducted you. There were many times I was close to walking out of the shadows.. but I knew it wasnt time yet..  After you got Jason arrested I knew he'd escape the prison. The cell they gave and the prison he was in wasn't up to date on his kind of escape methods... So I just kept a low profile as I followed you. There were multiple time you almost seen me but thankfully Jason distracted you.. Like the day way back when you guys went out on the snowmobile..."

*Flashback*

We pulled up to the house and Jason let me off of the snowmobile before parking it in the shed. After a few seconds Jason walked out of the shed shutting it. After he got to my side he took my hand in his. We slowly walked towards the house & a cold chill ran down my spine... Like a sign something was watching. About that time I seen a dark silhouette move quickly in the trees. After look for a few seconds I just pushed the funny feeling away and assumed it was just a deer passing through.

*End of Flashback*

I looked over to Ryder as the obvious hit. "That was you! You were standing in the trees... Why?... I'm sure if I would have explained to Jason who you were he'd understand and would've been okay with you being around."

"Actually Sophia... Jason already knows me... But you two dont know that same me. You get to see my happy loving side... Jason seen my protective and aggressive side."

"What are you talking about?" I was confused... How'd Jason and my brother know eachother...

"Long story short.. Me and Jason have met before... but he doesnt know me as Ryder." He kept his eyes on the road... which soon the pavement was being drenched by rain.

"Wh...who does he think you are then?..."

"Before Jason got out of jail, I sent one of my guys to come get you.. But he hasn't been seen since... & thats how I knew you were with Jason's gang. Not to long later my girlfriend went missing... She was last seen at Black Star. & I know Jason has her because he did the same with her sister and she's no longer... So I really dont want that happening too her too..."

"Payley?" I asked quietly. He just nodded in response. "She told me a little about her boyfriend... Asher?.. I think was his name...." That when it hit me. "It all makes sense now! You talked to Payley about me. She said I was just like 'him' aka her boyfriend, which is you, described." Then all the bad stuff I'd been told flooded into my mind.

Ryder snapped me out of my thoughts after he broke the silence that had filled the truck. "What are you thinking there Soph? You're making your pissed off, confused and depressed expression."

"How long have you known about Dad being the who killed Alex?..."

"Since I moved in with Max...So after I went 'missing'."

"So Im assuming Dad had to do with your disappearance too?"

He sighed. "Yes... and the sad part is you'd think it was for our safety...But turns out it was for his own. He traded me for freedom from Max. It's why I've been trying to get ahold of you for the past few years."

I just nodded my head. I realised the more I learned since the kidnapping, I've come to notice how selfish my own father was.

"All those gifts on my disappearance anniversary?... Those were from me."

Everything added up. The chills, gifts, how much Jason protected me from my own brother. Jason thought he was a threat.
~~~

After driving for a long time Ryder desided it'd be best to spend the night in a hotel.

"Hello! Welcome to Raven Inn. Do you guys have a reservation?" The woman behind the desk asked.

"No, but we'd like to stay for a night. Any room layout works."

The lady typed in her computer and went to the back to retrieve the papers she printed out. "Please sign here if everything looks good." I glanced at the paper as Ryder signed it. The room sounded high class but was only $120.

After getting checked in and everything we headed up to our room.

When Ryder opened the door I realized I was correct about it seeming so high class.

"How on earth did you get this room for so cheap?"

"I have my connections" He smirked at me then started chuckling a little. "I'm joking... Okay maybe only half joking. I travel a lot so I get a good discount.. So technically I have connections."

After getting all settled in I made myself at home by chilling in the hot tub they had in our room as I watched an episode of One Tree Hill.

~~~
[Next Morning]
I woke up to Ryder blinding me with the sun light that was shining through the newly opened curtain beside my bed.

"Just 10 more minutes Bro." I said rolling over holding the pillow over my face to block the light.

"Soph you said that like an hour ago. We need to go this time. Check out ends in 30 minutes."

I groaned and rolled out of bed... Literally. I layed on the floor for a few seconds before I gained enough motivation to get up and ready.

About 20 minutes later i was dress and ready for the day.

The car ride today was going to be even longer. Ryder said his new house was in Minnesota. Meaning we'd be crossing over back into the states again. The day was long but we both made it. It was about 10pm by the time we got the the US boarder. We drove for about half n hour before stopping at a 24/7 gas station to get gas and a snack. As we pulled out of the parking lot and onto the interstate ramp I noticed something odd.

"Hey R?"

"Hm?"

"Take the next off ramp. Then take the first gravel road you see."

"Why?" He asked confused as he glanced over at me.

"Just do it." I said keeping my eyes set on the rear-view mirror.

Ryder took the next ramp like I said then turned left going over the bridge that arched over the interstate that layed below. Not to far down the road there was a gravel road and we turned right. After driving so far down the road I knew my suspicion was correct.

"Ryder... We're being followed!"

-----

Like & Comment

Published: December 1, 2016