*18*

Brendon held his hand out to Dallon, gesturing the human over to him. Dallon hurried over, placing his hand in Brendon's before squeezing it.

Ryan continued to lay on the ground as Melanie hurried out of the triangle. Ryan stretched out, letting his head roll to the other side.

"You... You're going to need blood shed..." Ryan shut his eyes tightly before reopening them, "Not enough to kill... Just enough..."

"Done." Gerard grinned as he grabbed hold of Frank's wrist. He brought it up to his lips and bit into it, roughly. Frank didn't so much as flinch.

Patrick turned to Pete with an apologetic gaze. "Don't scream." He told his human as his tail whipped through the air. Its point cut through the air and slashed Pete's arm. Pete had pain on his face, but kept quiet as instructed.

Brendon turned to Dallon, who was observing the triangle with his dulled eyes. Brendon smirked as he placed his hand on Dallon's chest and dragged it down the human's arm.

"No noise." Brendon said as he let his nail trail along Dallon's skin. Dallon flinched only slightly as the nail pierced the skin. "Good boy..." Brendon winked.

The blood dripped down from each human's arm, landing onto the triangle. The blood made the triangle glow intensely. Ryan's eyes began to glow with it; illuminating the dark air around him.

"One drop for the wicked." Ryan spoke in a low voice as he began to grin, "A pool for the innocent." His eyes flaired for a moment before small objects materialized from the lines that had just been fueled by blood.

It was a knife. In front of each creature and their chosen human was a small knife. The blade had a red tinge while its handle was white as bone.

"Finally, the fun part." Gerard grinned, bending down at grabbing the knife tightly. He rose and tossed the knife into the air, easily catching it by the blade and extending it to Frank. "Let out that little psycho that's hidden in that head of yours."

Frank took the knife with a nod before looking at the limp figure in Gerard's symbol. Patrick's tail wrapped around the knife in front of him; he brought it up over his and Pete's head before letting it fall into Pete's waiting hands.

"Can you do this?" Patrick asked, looking at Pete with uncertainty.

The human nodded, eagerly. The yellow haze around his eyes was extremely vibrant in the dark. "I can do it real good! Just like the woman where you saved me, right? I just have to do like that, Patrick, then it'll be okay." He tilted his head at Patrick with a look of sureness on his face. "I'll make you real proud, right, Patrick?"

A weak smile crossed over Patrick's lips, quickly fading as he nodded.

Brendon let his toes wrap around the knife's bone handle. He yawned as he flicked it up, allowing it to shoot through the air in front of him. On its decent, Brendon caught it; he tilted it in his hand before looking at Dallon.

"What's your name?" Brendon asked as he balanced the knife between his fingers.

"Dallon James Urie." Dallon replied automatically. He had known that name for so long now, since their wedding... Whenever that had been...

"Good boy..." Brendon nodded, continuing to play with the knife. He flicked his tongue at the corner of his mouth as he pointed the knife to his symbol on the triangle. "Do you remember what he did?"

Dallon turned to look at Kenny. A twinge of confliction ran through him as he looked at the unconscious human. I love you. No, those were Brendon's words?.. I missed you like hell. He was always with Brendon, that couldn't be his husband... I was so afraid.

"Dallon!"

Brendon's exclamation made him turn. Brendon's eyes were wide with forged fear that the magic would not allow Dallon to see through.

"He hurt you, and scared me." Brendon whispered, stepping closer to Dallon. "He could of hurt me... What if he had hurt me?.." As he spoke, Brendon pushed the knife up against Dallon's chest. "Don't you love me?.."

"I... I love you, Brendon." Dallon nodded, feeling a headache pounding through his thoughts. Of course he loved Brendon. His husband...

As Dallon's hands reached up to hold against Brendon's, he snuck a look at his fingers. There was no ring, or even hint of one. If they were married, wouldn't there be something there?

"Yes, you do!" Brendon nodded with persistence, "So protect me! Protect yourself! Kill him so he cannot hurt anyone else." Brendon's tone became borderline ordering with his last words as his eyes narrowed on Dallon's.

Dallon gulped, feeling his hands grip the knife being pressed against his chest.

Those memories weren't with Brendon, and you know it, Dallon.

But, Brendon has been with you for all the bad...

The bad that he's caused!

"Dallon!" Brendon snarled to bring the human back to this present moment, "If you don't hurry, he'll wake up! What if he hurts me? It'll be your fault." He glared at Dallon, making the human shrink back. "Protect me like a husband should."

"Y-yes..." Dallon held the knife tightly in his hand as Brendon's words sunk in. Protect. Kill. How those words differed, yet, somehow held the same definition to Brendon. Murder for me was basically what he asked.

Anything for Brendon... Even murder?

Dallon could hear the gags and cries of the others around him. They were protecting the ones they were with while Dallon simply hesitated. He didn't want to murder; he wanted to understand what was happening.

"BRENDON!" Ryan yelled, almost in agony, from the center of the triangle. "GET THAT HUMAN MOVING BEFORE THE SOULS OF THE DAMNED BREAK THROUGH WITHOUT PROTECTION!" He cried out, his body moving in a jerky spasm.

Brendon glared at Dallon with a mixture of determination anger that Dallon had never seen before. Brendon moved his hand up against Dallon's temple to draw the pattern.

"Do as I say, now!" He growled, staring straight into Dallon's eyes.

A wave of emptiness washed over Dallon as he nodded. His movement wasn't his own as he stood upright and clentched the knife in his hand. He turned towards Kenny with only one thought crossing over his mind.

Anything for Brendon...