*17*

The small group walked through the underworld to their usual meeting place with the other chosen. Mikey was at the door, as always, now in a full human form. He nodded to them with the flicker of his tongue as they moved past him.

Patrick wasn't that far ahead, leading Pete on with a sweet smile as the human dragged the limp figure on a sheet. Pete smiled dreamily after Patrick; the yellow haze surrounding his eyes seeming to glow brighter as they moved forward.

"This is so exciting." Brendon whispered as they followed Patrick and Pete down the hallway, "We're finally going to decapitate a dynasty of condemned being sent here, and take over what's rightfully ours..."

"Exciting." Dallon repeated with a nod.

Brendon nearly glided across the floor as he entered the room that everyone met in. Patrick hadn't noticed the other demon following him, and turned with wide eyes to look at Brendon.

"Oh wow... I've never seen you with that skin..." He commented.

"I never like to show it." Brendon shrugged as he pointed Dallon to a spot to sit on the floor. "I may be a slut, but I like to leave some things to the imagination." He winked, causing Patrick's cheeks to redden like the flames in the middle of the room.

Brendon just smirked as he looked around the room. "Vampire boy didn't make it? I would of bet money on him being here first, as always."

"I would of, but human's move so slow." Gerard's voice sighed as he walked into the room. Frank followed slowly behind him, dragging a limp body behind him like a zombie.

"Too bad you're too good for potion work, hu?" Brendon asked, looking over cockily at Dallon. Dallon smiled dreamily back at Brendon with his clouded, gray eyes.

"Says the one back in his own skin?" Gerard asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he examined the crackled skinned demon. "It's an improvement on your paleness. I don't see why you hate it so much."

"We don't have to like what we've become." Brendon replied, looking down. "Even if this is what we've been all along..."

Gerard shrugged. "Whatever. I think we're ready to go."

"Is this the job I'm here for, Patrick?" Pete asked, looking at Patrick with excitement in his enchanted eyes.

Patrick nodded, bringing his finger to his lips in a signal to shush Pete. The human nodded, holding his lips together in a smile at his demon.

"So, where do we go from here?" Brendon asked, "This whole process seems to be a 'work as you go' kinda deal."

As if that was a queue, the flames in the middle of the room became a bluish purple once again. The effect wasn't as stunning as the first time, but still made for a dramatic entrance.

"I heard deal." Ryan grinned as he stepped out of the flames. His eyes were glowing red as he looked around the room. "Aaahh: one, two, three new ones! You've all been busy with your after life."

"You again?" Gerard asked with irritation in his tone.

Ryan rolled his eyes. "Yes, the low level nightmare dealer has another big job in this mission of yours. It's your current worst nightmare come true." He grinned at Gerard, "I've seen your dreams."

Gerard glared at Ryan, but said nothing. Ryan turned his attention to Brendon and Patrick. "What about you, demons? What's your worst nightmare?" He asked, his eyes glowing a darker red.

"Not the time." Brendon growled.

Ryan just laughed, letting the glow in his eyes fade down. "Calm your horns. You know I'm a tease." He winked.