*5*

Pete Wentz was standing next to his friend's car, taking a drag off a joint. He held the smoke in his lungs for as long as he could before coughing and letting it out into the open air.

"Dude, don't hog it, man..." A man with a large puff of hair on his head said, hitting Pete's arm with the back of his hand.

Pete rolled his eyes, passing the joint over. "Don't smoke it all before the chicks get here, Joe." He mumbled, watching his friend smoke.

"It's like...eleven three zero on a school night..." Joe spoke after checking his watch for a moment. He then let the smoke he had somehow managed to hold in out of his mouth in small puffs.

"So?" Pete pondered, gesturing for another hit.

Joe shook his head, taking another hit himself. He let out the smoke as Pete snatched the joint, "No one is coming, dude..." He pushed himself off the car, holding his arms out for balance for a moment. "I should get home, dude."

"I'm not." Pete scoffed, "You can't just leave me out here without a car."

"Keep it for the night." He patted his pockets for keys, despite them visibly sitting in the driver's seat. Pete had to point them out in order for his friend to notice. "I had some brownies before coming..." Joe admitted, scratching the back of his head. "I live close, though, so I'll be fine."

"Later." Pete gave Joe a small salute as he began to walk away. Pete sighed, making sure Joe at least made it to and around the corner from the empty lot they were parked in before resting back against the car.

Meanwhile, Patrick, Brendon, and Dallon had been watching from a distance. They were hidden by darkness and a thick treeline from roadside bushes.

"That your guy?" Brendon asked, looking down at Patrick.

The younger demon nodded. "Yes, sir. His name is Pete. He caught my attention when he did a rather poor summoning job at that hospital." Patrick shrugged, "He's interesting."

Brendon nodded. "Well, pot smoking and demon summoning is a pretty interesting combination." He looked out at the lone human, "How do you plan on getting him in your human form?"

"Easy." Patrick grinned, "He's into girls and guys." With that, Patrick walked out of their cover. He made his way down the street, casually, as Brendon watched.

"Full of surprises." Brendon commented. He turned around to look at his own human, who was also watching the scene unfold. "There's no good targets out tonight, but we'll find someone for you to bring soon." Brendon told him, "Maybe back in your home town."

Dallon turned his gaze to Brendon with a smile. "Anything for you."

Brendon smirked, stepping towards the taller man. "I know." He giggled, jumping up to kiss him shortly. "You'll prove it to me later."

Brendon turned back around to see Patrick talking to the human. It seemed like a casual conversation, but Patrick kept subtly getting closer and closer.

"Kid's good." Brendon nodded with an impressed tone, "I literally just chased you through a cornfield until I had you close enough to throw the sleep spell."

Dallon had the sudden feeling of dread run through him as an image replayed in his head. He was running. The corn stalks were beating away at his exposed skin as he pushed through it, too afraid to stop due to what was behind him.

A silly dream... Dallon's eyelids drooped slightly at the new thought. Another image of Brendon soothing him after the nightmare ran through his head. He took care of you... Dallon smiled dreamily at the thought. Brendon was there for him, so Dallon would always be there for him.