*15*

Gerard leaned against a building in an alleyway, watching Frank talk to a boy with a large poof of hair on his head. He felt impatient as the humans continued to converse.

"Hurry up, Frank..." He muttered, narrowing his eyes. Frank was still under his spell, but he had been released enough to seem normal amongst other mortals. However, he was still enough under Gerard's control that his thoughts could be manipulated.

It seemed that the two were getting along well; that could be a reason why it was taking so long.

"Offer him some of the damn potion!" Gerard spat out in irritation. He hated the fact that he couldn't use his own abilities to corral this second human. It was stupid that it would ruin everything for him to use his magic or even touch this human.

Gerard could see Frank reach into his pocket and pull out a package of gum. It was what the spell was hidden in. Gerard watched as Frank offered a piece of gum to the other man. Gerard waited as the other man popped the gum into his mouth.

"Snap to attention, Frank." Gerard spoke lowly, turning his gaze to look directly at Frank. "You're going to have to catch him."

Frank stiffened as the other man began to stumble. He moved swiftly to catch the man before he fell, giving Gerard signal enough to step out of the alleyway and into the moonlight.

"About time..." Gerard muttered, strolling over to where Frank was holding up the other man. "You humans are so good at wasting precious time..." He stepped up next to Frank, looking at the man with poofed hair. "What's his name?"

"Ray Toro." Frank replied blankly.

Gerard nodded, looking away from the two. "Alright, back to hell." He sighed, trying to picture where a portal back was from this spot on earth. "Let's get going, Frank, the hardest part is yet to come..."

---

Brendon danced around the room in his underwear as Dallon rested on the bed. He really had no reason behind it, he was just doing it.

He yawned loudly before plopping onto the end of the bed. "I'm so bored when you have to recharge..." He sighed, tilting his head back to look at Dallon. "You have to do it so frequently compared to demons..." He stuck out his tongue before looking up at the ceiling.

He was still for a moment before kicking his feet and letting out a loud, groany whine. He stilled and pursed his lips. He had nothing to do. His part of the mission was complete for the moment. Unfortunately, his human was recharging beside him. He was left bored.

He let out a huff of air as he pushed himself into a sitting up position. "I've done my time..." He muttered, bringing his branded hand up from his side to look at. His demonic, crackled skin refused to be rehidden by Melanie's potions. He hated that he couldn't hide it now. "Did I really have to give that up?"

Brendon continued to look at his hand. His eyes widened, however, when he saw the gray beginning to spread. He shook his head, muttering something inaudible as he brought his other hand to touch it.

"FUCK!" He yelled as his branded hand spasmed and locked in a clawing position. He grabbed his wrist with his other hand with a look of determination, but it proved to be pointless.

The crackling gray was eating away at his overskin. It had already consumed his hand and was spreading past his wrist. He cried out again, trying to shake it off, but that was a useless attempt. Brendon felt panicked. The potion should be preventing this. Why wasn't the potion preventing this?