S1 • Holding On # 12 •

Start from the beginning

"Do you need help moving your things? I have my truck. Your step dad should be out the hospital soon, you can leave it here if you'd like" she said as she removed the gloves from her hand. " can you just give me a second please" I sighed trying to wrap my head around everything that was happening. "I'll load it, where's your truck?" I asked. "It's the red one parked next to your mom car, almost forgot here" she said throwing me the keys. "She said it's yours, you'll need it more" she mumbled as i put them in my pocket picking up the first tube.

This was all happening too fast, I wasn't sure what was going on, she couldn't have left like that, naw I'm being punked right now, matter of fact this is a dream. Josh wake up" I said closing my eyes taking a deep sigh, just to open them back to reality. What type of mother just leaves their son like this, the more I thought, the more I got pissed off. The neighbors watched as I finished my last trip closing the back of her truck. "You ready?" She asked as I turned around to her walking down the steps.

"What other choice do I have" I mumbled as she walked up to me. "You have a choice son, you can stay here or you can leave and continue to move forward with life?" She said getting into her truck. "C'mon now, I have work soon" she semi-yelled. "I'll follow you, you can drive right?" She asked as I unlocked the doors to my mom car. "Yeah" I yelled getting into the car starting it.

My emotions were slightly forming as I thought all that was happening. This couldn't be my life, this couldn't be my reality, hell naw, somebody please wake me from this nightmare. I heavily signed sitting at the red light before turning down Yandel street. The drive way was empty as she helped me unload my stuff placing it next the car. "Thank you" I said. "Take care of yourself, keep your phone near, she might call you" she said before she took off.

Closing my eyes leaning back on the car, as I heavily sighed. The sound of tire strikes pulled my attention as my eyes opened to yandell grandparents pulling into their driveway. "Josh , what is this?" , it was his grandmother Faith asking as she approached me. "Sadly everything I own, but I'm about to figure something out" I mumbled looking down at my phone scrolling through my contacts. "Are you moving? It's about to rain. You can put everything in the garage until you move it?".

She said as his grandfather walked up to us talking. He helped me move my things into the garage as I tried calling my dad, but as usual his mail box was full. "Are you hungry?" She asked as she put away the food they bought while out. "I'm fine, is yandell still asleep?" I asked as she shrugged. "Not sure, feel free to go up. It's not like you're a stranger to the family" she said turning towards me as we both smiled. 

Slowly walking up the stairs approaching yandell room door opening it to him still asleep. He laid balled up in the same position I left him in. Gently closing the door as I walked towards the chair that sat in the far corner of his room. Watching him sleep eased my soul, his innocence gave me peace. A smile grew as I watched him stretch patting the spot I laid in before he woke looking for me.

"I'm here", his eyes found me as he yawned. "Why are you over there?" He asked as I got up walking towards him. "Didn't want to lay back down after I was out sweating, really just made it back" I said as he looked me up and down. "I see you're dressed, did you talk to your mom?" He asked as I gave a quick smirk. "More like she left and packed all my stuff for me to pick up" I said as he moved closer to me. "Where is your stuff now?" He asked. "Your grandmother let me put it in the garage until I figure out what to do with my life".

"When one door close another one opens, glad we were brought to each other before any of this happened" he said kissing the back of my neck as he sat on his knees. "Yeah I know, but I have some money so I'll get a hotel for the next few weeks, or I might go crash at my best friend crib" I mumbled as he kissed the side of my neck. "Or you can stay with me, our house is done and I can say you're helping me settle" he said as I was about to speak. "Technically you'll really be helping me settle so it's not a lie" he mumbled in my ear before he kissed it.

"I'll help, but that's too much to ask. You know your boy always bounce back. No sweat bae, now go brush with that morning breath" I chuckled as he laughed pushing my back. "Well you'll be with me anyways, you stuck with me forever bruh" he said as he got up from bed walking towards his room door. 

| Counting On You | 9:45 am | Faded. . . .

Yandel Pov:

Josh stayed in my room as I made my way into the restroom. Josh birthday crossed my mind as I was pissing. "How did I almost forget that" I mumbled to myself as I stood in front of the sink. I began to wash up as I finished off with a face scrub. Patting my face dry as I walked back into my room. Josh was on the phone, from his tone and the laughter I knew he was talking to his best friend Tyzer whom I hated. Nothing good comes from that boy.

I changed clothes as he sat there watching as his phone was still up to his ear. He mumbled a few things under his breathe that I couldn't make out, not that I was listing anyways. I watched as he approached me in the mirror putting his phone down. "Ty said wassup" he mumbled as I nodded my head. "Bae, you and him gone have to get alone now, that's like my brother and you like my future wife and shit" he said laughing as I smirked. "Husband" I said correcting him.

"Right, but the way your insides will be set up from me dropping my kids off in you every night" he chuckled kissing my neck dancing behind me. "Funny you, soooo birthday boy" I said smiling at him as he squinted his eyes at me. "Who birthday ?" He asked as I glared at him. "Yours, thought I didn't know?" I asked as he smirked. "Ion celebrate that shit, haven't felt blessed to be part of this world in years bruh" he groaned walking towards his bags. "Anyways, Ty about to pick me up, imma pack a few things and chill with him for a minute, you cool with that?" He mumbled as he changed.

"What choice do I have? You're a grown man. Do as you please I guess" I mumbled turning back towards the mirror brushing my hair as I watched him pack and stuff his bag. "Don't tell me you mad yan?" He asked looking at me through the mirror. "If you don't care about spending your birthday with me why should I? But have fun, I'm good" I said turning around facing him before I walked into my closet grabbing my shoes. "Come here" he softy mumbled as he stood by the door.

"Yan" he mumbled walking behind me grabbing my hand pulling me to him. "I've been with you the past few days and they've been all I needed to boost my spirit bae. I'm praying that I spend the rest of my life with you, don't let this one day ruin that. My birthday is just a reminder of the day I was brought in this world just to be alone, I have you now so this day doesn't mean shit, April 7, is my new birthday" he said smiling at me making me blush just a little.

"The day we made us official" I mumbled as he kissed my forehead. "So can I go hang with my boys without you feeling like I'm leaving you?" He chuckled as I pushed him away. "Ain't nobody stunting you" I joked as he answered his phone. "Alright bae, i love you ty here" he said pulling the phone from his ear kissing me. "Wait.wait.wait" I repeated grabbing him kissing him again as he chuckled. "Super gay" he winked at me. "I love you too Josh" I mumbled as he stood by my closet door. "I'll see you later?" He asked eyeing me. "Always" I smiled as I heard my room door open than close.