A Slightly Good Morning

Kendall's POV

I suck at cooking. And that's how it's going to be for the rest of my life.

But today, I want to make breakfast for Cara. The type of meal that would erase her doubts, and would make her feel loved.

I made slightly burnt toast, two poached eggs and bacon of course. Good thing these things are easy to cook! I could've burned down the house. I placed a tea beside the meal and the cutlery on the other side.

I tasted my masterpiece and I am so proud of myself that I danced in front of the kitchen counter.

"You're cute when you dance."

I recognize that voice...even in my sleep I do.

Fuck!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Cara's POV

I woke up with a Kendall-less bed, this made me rush my morning rituals and after I finished them I quickly made my way downstairs to check.

Along the way, I decided to cook for Kendall this morning.

As I was headed to the kitchen I smelled greatness already. If you have no idea what it is, it's the holy bacon.

I walked in and saw Kendall dancing, more like doing her victory dance. She looks so adorable in her shorts and tank top, and also freakin' sexy.

Pervert. My mind really likes to mess things up.

"You're cute when you dance." I smiled at her, she instantly blushed and ducked her head to cover her blushing face.

"Uhm. Good morning, Kendall." I spoke again to get her attention. She looked at me a little bit disgruntled but she smiled, more like smirked, and she made her way towards me to engulf me with her hug.

"Good morning, love." She said as she hooked her arms around my neck and I gently placed mine on her waist.

"Cara, I don't like it when you don't call me by one of our endearments." She pouted just millimeters away from my lips. I don't think I can resist that.

"Okay, babe." I said to her and smiled.

"Well, it doesn't end there, babe." I threw her a confused look and shrugged my shoulders.

"I want my good-morning-kiss from you." I widened my eyes and she started leaning to me, inching her way to my lips.

She stopped.

"Well...aren't you gon' to kiss me?" Ken playfully asked with a smug face.

"Uh-okay??" we rested our foreheads, slowly diminished the gap between us and finally capturing each others lips.

I closed my eyes to savor the moment. I'm still baffled by the fact that Kendall's really my girlfriend, I guess I'm just used to loving her from afar. It's making me feel confused.

We slowly pulled away to catch some air and I looked directly at a smiling Kendall, her view made me smile.

"Let's eat. I tried to make you a perfect breakfast." She stated and air-quoted the word tried.

"Hmmm...I was planning to make you breakfast..." I slightly frowned.

"...although I greatly appreciate the effort Ken-uhh-babe, considering you don't like and know how to cook that good." I said with a smile.

"I don't know if I would take that as a compliment." She replied with a small chuckle.

After eating we decided to talk and settle things between us.

Kendall is seated beside me on the couch while my arm is draped over her shoulders.

"Babe, I'm sorry. Truly I am." Kendall said, more like whispered.

I threw her a puzzled look, making her explain furthermore.

"I just remembered that yesterday was our marriage." She was more like in a deep thought while saying this.

I witnessed how her eyes were quickly filled with tears dreading to flow.

Immediately, I caressed her face allowing us to look at each other eye to eye.

A smile crept onto my face as I replied.

"Babe, it's not your fault. And if truth be told, I'm even relieved that it didn't happen, not because because I don't want to, but because I prefer our marriage to be real...not by forcing you. Please forget about that. Let's just make this time around worth it and let's make sure it reaches the finish line, babe."

Damn! I'm too sappy. 😧

But I just let my feelings out whilst hiding half of the truth where I am still scared that one day she'll change her mind and leave me.

I shrugged the thought out and offered a genuine smile.

"Thanks, babe." Kendall said.

"For what, love?"

"For loving me like you do." She said with a full smile and a single tear running down her right cheek.

"It's only because you make it impossible not to." I wiped the tear gone, quickly pecked her lips and locked her lovingly in my arms, which she reciprocated.

I really need to shake my doubts away.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm tired.

💩

~H