Tasting The Rainbow {16}

A.N.- I made a music video :D So let me know what you guys think of it :) And be honest, because it's really not good. Like, at all xD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “ZELLY!” I faintly heard Addison and Clapper call in terror as I rolled down their stairs quickly and painfully. Shit, shit, shit. I was going to hit the floor and break something. I was going to break something. I was going to snap my neck. I was going to-

                I went tumbling into someone’s arms and gasped for breath as my heart slammed wildly in my chest. Holy shit. Breathing heavily, I looked in Adam Ace’s ice blue eyes.

                “Zelly! Are you okay?!” Addison and Clapper cried, flying down the stairs after me. Adam slowly set me in a sitting position. “Y-Yea. I just, ah, bruised myself. And I hit my bad knee. I’ll be limping for a little,” I said, gently rubbing it.

                “Did you hit your head?” Adam mumbled. I nodded. “Yea, but not too hard. I’m okay. Just a little freaked.” Adam was still gently supporting me, probably worried that I was going to fall over in a second.

                “Did you unslant your eyes?” Clapper asked. Addison hit him in the chest. “Omph!” he grumbled and rubbed where she had hit with another one of his pouts. “Marco it’s not funny! He could’ve been really hurt!” she cried angrily.

                “How did you trip, anyways?” Adam asked, his voice ice cold as always. Addison shot an angry glare at him and he gave her a questioning look. “What?” he asked in annoyance.

                “He slipped on one of Potent’s toys because you don’t know how to clean up your damn dog’s shit!” she cried angrily.

                Guilt passed through his eyes, but it flashed by so fast, I nearly missed it. I was pretty sure Addison and Clapper had missed it. But I hadn’t imagined it. I was positive I had seen guilt in his icy eyes.

                “Sorry I don’t always know when my dog leaves his toys by the top of the stairs. I’ll put a security camera there so this doesn’t happen again. My bad,” he said sarcastically.

                “Look, I’m fine and it’s okay,” I said and moved to get up. My knee exploded into pain and I felt myself going down again. Adam caught me easily and held me so I didn’t fall. “Shit,” I hissed.

                “Bad knee?” Clapper guessed and I nodded and put my hand on the wall to support myself. But Adam continued to help support me. I must say, I didn’t mind it one bit. It was nice, his hands on my body, holding me up.

                Adam pulled me away from the wall, using just enough force to force me away from the wall but not hurt me, and I stared at him in surprise. “I’m bringing you to sit. Calm down,” he grumbled and helped me limp into their living room. He gently lowered me onto a couch and I rubbed my bad knee, biting my lip in pain.

                “Get him ice, you dumbass,” Adam said to Addison and she hurried out of the room. Ice. I looked up into Adam’s eyes and found myself caught there. They were so beautiful. So…so blue. So fucking blue. It was like he had been photoshopped in the womb or something.

                Addison came in, breaking our eye contact, and handed me an ice pack. I carefully put it on my knee, ignoring just how fucking cold it was.

                “What’s up with your bad knee?” Addison asked curiously. “When we were 12, the dumbass fell out of a tree and fucked his knee up,” Clapper said and rolled his eyes. “And 2 years later, Marco fell from innocence and got gonorrhea,” I said, raising my eyebrow at him. Addison giggled and Clapper glared at her. “Fuck off!” he whined.

                “Isn’t that what happened to Kobi? Didn’t he fall out of a tree and hit his head?” Addison asked and Adam nodded. “Yea, when we were 10,” he said.

                “Damn, hitting your head has to hurt a hell of a lot more than your knee,” I said and Adam shrugged. “He blacked out. He doesn’t remember that day. He had amnesia for a little while after, and he was in the hospital for a few days. His parents were mad freaked out.”

                “So were his,” Clapper said, jerking his thumb at me. “Yea, but I just fucked up my knee, not my head,” I said with a slight shrug. “Yea, but your mom was all…’Oh shit we get boy to hospital!’ and shit,” Clap said, smirking.

                “Hey! Leave my mom alone,” I said with a glare. “It’s not her fault she has trouble speaking good English. She lived in China most of her life.” “Well, she can take your Asian ass and move back,” he said and I flipped him off.

                “I don’t understand how you guys are best friends. Anyone that doesn’t know you probably think you hate each other,” Addison said, rolling her eyes at us. “Oh, we do hate each other. I just pity him,” Clapper said and I grinned. “You pity me? I’m not the one who had the Clap when I was a freshman.”

                “It was five years ago! Let it go you asshole!” he whined. “You guys are fucking stupid,” Adam said, shaking his head at us. He glanced at me, that concern flashing in and out of his eyes quickly again.

                “Are you okay?” he asked. He sounded emotionless, but I could see the care buried deep, lost in the frozen blizzards that were his eyes. “Y-Yea,” I said and cleared my throat. Addison and Clapper were arguing next to me, not paying attention to me and Adam. “Good,” he said with a slight smile before leaving the room, leaving me with a small smile of my own.