Chapter 4

(Meadow's POV)

I was standing at my locker, about to grab my five pound history book when a hand snaked around from behind me and shut the door of my locker, almost taking my nose off.
"Hey-" I whipped around to see Ethan smiling at me.

"ETHAN!" I wrapped my arms around his fit torso and felt his arms go across my shoulders.

Ethan and I have been best friends since my family and I moved here before first grade. Ethan and I don't have classes together this year, so it's always nice to see him in the hallway.

"What do you have for first block, again?"

"'I have history," I stated." I've told you this since the beginning of school. Oh, and by the way, did you really have to close my locker?"
He just shrugged and grinned at me.

     I turned around and put my combination in my locker. After it clicked open I reached in and grabbed my textbook. I turned back towards Ethan while shutting the locker once again.

"Anyways," he said clapping his hands together making me laugh. "I need your help."

"With..." I replied, telling him to continue.

"Gray and I's party is this weekend and we need help setting up."

"Cool, I'll be there." As if on cue the warning bell rang and Ethan exchanged smiles with me before leaving for first period.

-

I was sitting in third block, aka science, with the most obnoxious teacher on earth, Mrs. McCarthy. She is a sixty year old lady who everyone claims spends her free time grading class papers and feeding her five cats. Of course she believes it's necessary to give us a big project right before winter break, which starts next week. I guess all be spending time with a classmate over break.

"Do we get to choose our partners?" Grayson called out from the back. Oh yeah, Grayson's in this class. Unlike Ethan, I have Grayson in like, half of my classes...

"No Grayson, I have the list right here," she responded strictly. "Stop calling out in the middle of class."

I slumped in my chair and sighed. Great, now I can end up with anyone.

As she began to read of the list I though to myself, the worst thing that could happen is I end up with Grayson-

"Finally, Grayson and...Meadow."

I whipped my head around to see Grayson looking at me with no emotion in his face. I huffed and slumped lower in my chair.

"Is anything wrong Ms. Clark? (A/N That's Meadow's last name btw)," Mrs. McCarthy asks with a tone.

     Before I could open my mouth Grayson steps in and says, "No ma'am, Meadow just doesn't want to show her excitement about working with me." I turned around once again and glared at him. He flashed me an innocent smile and looked down at the worksheet in front of him.

-

When the bell rang I gathered my things and walked up to Grayson.

"Your place. After school. Tomorrow," I demanded and left without giving him a chance to object.

I walked into the lunchroom and sat at the table where Kendall and I usually sit. I pulled out my phone while I waited for her to show up, and instantly heard loud shouting. That obviously means the football players came in.

     I looked up and as they were coming in, my eyes landed on Grayson. The way his hazel eyes shined and his loud laugh could be heard across the cafeteria made me smile. I didn't realize I was staring until he looked in my direction and saw me. I looked down and for some reason I blushed. Meadow what is wrong with you!!! I gave myself a mental slap. I looked up again and at the end of the football group my brother walked in...holding hands with...Kendall.

Kendall looked in my direction and smiled. She turned to Max and said something before dragging him towards me.

"What do we have here?" I smirked, making them go red. They looked at each other and Max just smiled shyly. Awwwww.

"Max told me he liked me in art class and asked me out," Kendall said quietly, smiling at the ground.

"AH I TOLD YOU MAX!!" I practically screamed, jumping out my chair and running around the table to hug them, receiving several weird looks from the people around us.

"What do you mean?" Kendall lifted her head out of curiosity and looked at me.

"Max has had a crush on you for the past several months and is just now getting the courage to tell you." I said, proud of my brother finally getting the guts to tell her. Max turned redder than a tomato and Kendall laughed and whispered something in his ear making him smile.

"Anyways," Kendall turned to me and said, "Max wants me to sit with him and of course I'm not going to leave you here by yourself so would you please come with me."

I pointed to where the football team was sitting and laughed sarcastically. "There? Yeah..no way."

"You won't go because Grayson is over there," Kendall mumbled.

Max's eyebrows raised and he looked at me. "What that supposed to mean?"

"She has a crush on him," she said nonchalantly, playing with her fingers.

"I do not," I protested.

"Yes you do."

"Prove it."

"Fine."

With that I got up and marched across the lunchroom to where Grayson was sitting.

916 words!!! That was chapter 4!!! Comment the ship name for Max and Kendall!! Ethan is going to be in it a lot more!!! Oh yeah, what's going on between Grayson and Meadow??? I'll post a new chapter soon!!