Help ~ Josh

Hey guys, sorry it has been so long since the last imagine! I have had so much homework that I don't have time for much anymore. I hope you like this imagine! Comment and like, it really does means a lot!

Trigger Warning: harassment, and abuse

The wind whipped through your hair, and the smell of the ocean filled your lungs. You silently looked up, and saw the moon following you like a stray dog.

It was a chilly night for L.A. It was also much quieter than usual. There were nowhere near as many people out as usual.

You had decided about midnight to skateboard down to the beach. It had been a hard day, and you just needed some time to think.

Without even realizing it you had ridden a lot farther away from home than you intended. Maybe, thats why there weren't as many people around.

Everything was vaguely familiar, but you had definitely never been here at night before.

Not sure which direction to go to get home, you found an iron bench and sat down to look up directions.

The bench had a really pretty view of the ocean, and you could hear the soft rumble of the waves hitting the shore.

It was almost three a.m. and everything was really quiet. There was just a couple walking, and a guy smoking with his dog a few benches down. So you weren't really prepared for what was about to take place.

You stood up, and walked over to the nearest road to see what street it was. It made you rather nervous standing there alone, because you were now out out of sight from the people at the beach.

Then, as if on cue four scary looking guys came out of the darkness, and started walking towards you.

You pretended not to notice them, and looked at your phone trying to quickly find directions so that you could get out of there.

All too soon your worst fear became a reality...

"Hey sweetheart" one of the guys yelled rudely.

Your breathing quickened, and you stood absolutely still.

"What? Are you scared of being all alone in the dark? Don't worry, we will take care of you" the biggest one spat with a horrifying smirk on his face.

Your heart was beating out of your chest at this point. They stopped only a few feet away from you, all smiling and looking you up and down.

"Leave me alone" you whispered with wide, scared eyes.

They slowly started to surround you, and you were just about to run when one of them grabbed your arm tightly.

"Please stop!" you cried feeling tears start running down your face.

You pulled and yanked on your arm, but you weren't strong enough to pull it from his painful grasp.

Just as another one was going to grab you, a loud voice caused everyone to look up.

"Let her go" someone yelled.

"I have called the police, and they are going to be here any second" it said speaking again.

The guys dropped you faster than they would drop their side-chick if she said she was pregnant.

You hit the ground hard as you heard footsteps running away, and some coming towards you.

"Are you alright" an anxious voice asked.

You slowly opened your eyes, and saw the cutest skater you had ever seen.

He had pink hair, a nose ring, and his arm had a mom tattoo on it.

For a second you thought maybe he was an angel, but he seemed too close and too real.

"I said are you alright" the guy asked.

His face was covered in extreme worry as the police sirens began faintly in the distance.

You had been so traumatized by the entire event that his words weren't even registering in your mind.

"I'm okay..." you finally squeaked out while rubbing your head.

You saw a small wave of relief washed over his face.

You looked at the hand that had touched your head, and saw red blood all over it.

You must have scratched it when you fell on the ground.

As the police cars pulled up, you hugged the skater guy and he held you even tighter.

The police hopped out of the car and one quickly pulled you away from your beautiful savior to check you injuries.

You were still pretty traumatized, but were able to explain what happened to the police, while the skater guy did the same.

It was about half an hour before the whole thing was over, and the police pulled away.

It was just you and the skater now...

"Hey, thank you so much. Who knows what could have happened if you hadn't helped me" you said weakly smiling.

"It's no problem, I couldn't just let them harass you. By the way, my name is Josh" he said walking slowly towards you.

"Y/n" you said holding your hand out for him to shake.

"Where is my skateboard?" you suddenly asked looking around.

"Is this it" Josh asked picking up a skateboard with little tacos all over the bottom.

You could see him trying not to smile.

"Yep" you laughed.

"Well, I should probably be heading home" you said awkwardly.

"Do you need a ride home?" Josh asked concern on his face again.

"Am I going to ride on your board with you" you laughed pointing to the skateboard in his hand.

"No, I live right down the street, and I could drive you. I heard you telling the officer you address, and it isn't safe for you to ride all the way home by yourself at this time of night." He said smiling hopefully.

"Okay, but only if you give me your number" you said watching his face light up.

"Deal" he smiled.

...And that is the story of how you met your boyfriend Josh. The guy who has never let anything bad happen to you since.