Fight ~ Josh

Hey guys! This was requested by @fobsessed_13 Sorry it took me so long, I hope you like it!

It was about 4:30 in the afternoon.  Josh had just left to go have dinner with some new label mates, and you knew that this was your only chance.

You see Josh never let you play with his special drum set.  It was always locked in the basement where no one would use it.

He let you try his set he played shows with, but you had always wanted to at least try his "basement set"... at least that's what you called it.

He was going to be gone for several hours, so this was the perfect opportunity to try it out.

You quietly opened the basement door, and started your descent.

It was kinda dusty downstairs, which was one reason you didn't go down there very often.  Though you did occasionally go to tell Josh that dinner was ready, and those were the times you had seen his drum set in all of it's glory...

It was black with white lightning bolts all over it.  You had always kind of dreamed of sitting down and playing it like a master, and today was the day!

You sat down, picked up some random sticks, and started hitting every random thing you could reach.

It was amazing! It sounded awesome, and you felt awesome.

You started to play faster, and hit harder.  Making a horrible racket, but loving it all the same.

You were still beating the set like a maniac, when you felt a tug on your stick followed by a rather large crash.

You slowly looked down in utter horror at what you had just done.

Sitting on the shelf next to the drum set had been an half full can of paint from when you and Josh had redecorated the living room.

Lets just say that the can was no longer sitting on the shelf where it was supposed to be.

Your stick had gotten stuck on the handle of the paint can, and pulled it off the shelf right into the floor tom. It crashed all the way through, and nocked a cymbal to the floor breaking it into several pieces.

Tears started to well up in your eyes at the sight of the mess.

"Josh is going to kill me"  you gasped trying to think of a way you could fix it before he got home.

Just then you heard footsteps upstairs.
They walked around for what felt like years as you stood frozen in place.

Slowly the basement door creaked open, and you heard a familiar voice.

"Y/n, are you down there?" the voice said sounding slightly worried.

"U-umm yeah" you hesitated.

"Oh good, I was worried something happened to you" the voice said starting to walk down the stairs.

You couldn't see him yet, but knew that he could not see what you had just done.

"Hey Josh, you don't need to come down here. Aren't you supposed to be going out to dinner with that new band that's joining the label" you asked starting to feel sweat on your forehead.