Farm ~ Josh

A/N Hey, just wanted to say that this imagine is in a setting where Josh works on a farm way before he ever joined the band.  Why you ask?  Because life & reasons!! Also Josh would be a super hot farmer...

It was a cool crisp day on the farm – the breeze was refreshing, but still chilling. You walked out the front door just as the sun's rays began touching the land. You headed out to the barn, careful not to step in the mud, fresh from last night's rain.

Once inside you made your way over to the horses. Their tails swished quietly in greeting – Patrick was especially happy to see you. He then looked beyond you to an approaching visitor.

From the corner of your eye, you saw one of the farmhands (and your friend) Josh. His face glistened with sweat, showing the fact that he had already been working.

You had always kind of liked Josh, as much as you denied it. There was something about him. His spirit yearned for bigger and better things than this old farm, and you knew that this life wasn't going to quench that thirst.

You looked back over at Josh, and saw him saddling the newest horse Pete.

"Wanna take a ride?" he asked without even looking up. Not another word was said until you both started down the trail.

"You look tired," you said, a little worried by the dark circles under his eyes. "I was up practicing most of the night," he yawned. "I think that I'm almost good enough to play with a band."

"Cool," you said a small sadness tugging at your heart.

"I'll be leaving in about a week or so to start my new job at a music store," he said as Pete whinnied. He must not want Josh to leave either.

"Are you sure you have to go? You can always play music h-here at the fa-farm," your voice now shaking attempting to hold back any tears.

"Don't cry Boo!" Josh, now concerned. He had called you Boo from the very first day, due to the fact that you always tried to scare the newest farmhands when they started working. By now he almost looked as he was going to cry.

"I'll still come visit, and we can take rides just like this one. Only me, you, and the trail." He said taking your hand and helping you onto his horse. "You will always be my girl, no one could ever replace you. I promise," he said taking out his pinky.

"Pinky promise," you said wiping a tear from your cheek.

"Pinky promise Boo," he said laughing. You ended up talking for hours as you slowly rode down the old trail.