Park ~ Tyler

The sunshine nearly blinded you as you stepped out the door. The crisp spring air felt so refreshing compared to the stuffy air in your apartment – it felt like it had been years since you had enjoyed the great outdoors.

You started down the sidewalk towards your local park. You were alone, but it was nice to just enjoy the peace. It came into view as you rounded the last corner.

"Great, there's no one else here," you said happily.

You sat on one of the pale blue swings, and started swaying back and forth slowly, thinking about the good old days. Remembering high school, you wondered momentarily about how some of your old friends were doing – in particular, a certain Tyler Joseph. You sink further into your memories of stupid rhymes and smile, because those were the best days of your life.

"(Y/n)? Is that you?" a voice asked, knocking you out of your thoughts. You turned abruptly at the familiar sound.

Blinking a few times to make sure that this was real, you smiled and exclaimed, "Tyler! Hey!"

He smiled shyly as you continued.

"It's been forever since I saw you last! I thought you had moved, or something. I haven't seen you around any of the usual places. Where have you been?" you asked, shocked at his sudden appearance.

"Oh, well you know how I got really into music in high school? It turns out I wasn't too shabby! I have a band now with this other guy named Josh. We like to tour a lot, so we usually are only here for short visits, and for family stuff," he admitted.

"Tyler, that sounds so cool! That's awesome, you really stepped out and followed you dreams!" you said excitedly.

"So (Y/n), what have you been up to?" he asked, with his incredibly adorable grin.

"Well, I ended up working at a music store! How cool is that?"

"I thought that you didn't really like music?" he said, surprised.

"I guess you could say that I was inspired by a certain friend from high school," you grinned.

"Really? Wow, that's so cool! I can't believe that I inspired you to get into music."

"I never said it was you...yeah, it was you!" you laughed at the expression on his face.

"Hey, would you like to grab coffee sometime?" he asked.

"Sure, and maybe after I can show you the music store!" you said jumping out of the swing.

"Oh Ms. Believer, whatever you want sounds great to me," he said taking your cold hand in his warm one.