Hot Topic ~ Josh

You loved your job at Hot Topic! It was the best job you had ever had. Listening to great music all day long, and getting a discount on all the merch – this was the life.

Sometimes cute guys came in too, so that was a plus.

One day you were working the register when this super-hot guy walked in. He had dyed red hair and a beanie – in other words, the ultimate recipe for 'cute boy'. And was he hella cute? Hella yes.

You watched as he walked over to the Fall Out Boy stuff, and started looking at the T-shirts.

He must be going to the big show tonight, you thought. You had so wanted to go, but by the time you had saved enough money the show was sold out. It had been really disappointing, especially since you heard a Fall Out Boy song about once an hour here.

You continued watching the guy as he now looked through the jeans. He glanced in your direction, and caught you staring. He laughed to himself as your face turned bright red.

"I...uh, I was just reading your shirt," you said faintly as he walked your direction, all the while furiously trying to somehow swallow your embarrassment.

"My shirt doesn't have any words on it," he said smirking.

"Well, I was looking to see if it did, wasn't I?" you protested.

"My name is Josh," he said smiling. He looked so incredibly adorable when he smiled, though, which was slightly distracting.

"(Y/n). Are you ready to pay?" you asked, ready for the awkwardness to go away.

"Um...yeah," he said hesitantly. You took the opportunity to look busy by reaching for the shirt with a smile.

"So are you going to their show tonight?" you asked folding the 'Death Do Us Part' shirt.

"Yeah," he answered quickly. "Are you?"

"No, the show sold out before I could get my tickets."

"Oh, too bad..."

"Well there is nothing I can do now," you said matter-of-factly.

"Well, I might have an extra ticket," he said, smiling. "You could tag along."

It took you a minute to process his words.

"Wh-what?! You aren't kidding me, are you?" you near-shrieked. Josh seemed politely amused by your outburst.

"No! Why would I do that?" he said. You shook your head in disbelief.

"How much do you want for it?" you asked, getting out your wallet.

"Oh, no I meant you could go with me...like...uh..."

You waited for him to stop spluttering. "...Like?"

"On...a date? Unless you, like, have a boyfriend or something."

"Actually, I happen to be single at the moment," you said, biting the inside of your cheek, trying not to squeal.

"Well then, is that a date, (Y/n)?"

"I think it is," you laugh.