Robin's Fallout

This chapter is about how Dick starts as Robin. It does have a twist to it but this is based off the origin story that I know so that people don't want to read this, skip to the next chapter. Also this song is Lost it all  - Black Veil Brides. Prepare for bad puns and ironies.

Apologies for this cheesy chapter but ENJOY!!!!!

(Tyler's Pov)

It's been a couple of weeks since Grayson came to the manor. Dan and Alex are enjoying Dick's company. He's like an older brother to them which gives me more time to work on my costume. What? Didn't think innocent me could handle myself. I know what I'm doing. A bunker is set up for me! Obviously, I created it for myself and I may or may not have three in Gotham, one in every city and a secret area on the Watchtower.

Anyways, I'm in the main living room, listening to my playlist: Rebellious. Bulls in the Bronx (Pierce the Veil) is playing and I'm nodding my head to the beat. What I didn't know was Dick was recording it all but what made it worse, I started singing along to it. As the song finished, I heard a cackle come from behind. Swiftly, I turned around to see the mischievous Dick Grayson laughing his butt off.

"Dick!!!!" I yell as I charge at him. He gulps and runs off with his phone. I chase him around the manor until CRASH! We ran straight into the grandfather clock in the...oh no! I forgot that we ran into the study and the entrance to the cave was open. Bruce didn't know that I knew about the grandfather clock entrance. Giving two quick glances at each other, we entered the unknown.

(Dick's P.O.V.)

As Tyler and I entered this unknown passage way, Tyler seemed calm but sweat was dripping off her forehead. What was going on? She's never like this unless she's nervous but trying to act hardcore in front of me. We continued down the stone cold staircase until we see THE BAT CAVE!!!!

"OH MY GOD! IT'S THE BAT CAVE!" I whispered-yelled at Tyler and in response, she rolled her eyes. We tip toed further down and walked around a bit. Tyler casually walked over to the bat computer and looked at it. Seconds later, we hear the hoarse powered Batmobile drive in. Tyler just stands, looking at the computer. As for me, I'm not stupid, I hide behind the bat computer.

Batman jumped out and marches over to her, ready to grab her by the shoulders but she turns around and smirks. She mumbles something to Batman. Does she know Batman? I thought to myself but next thing I know, I'm being held up by Batman.

"I thinks it's time to welcome him into the cave, B." Tyler states, it was clear through the mask that he didn't like that so I gulped. Gently, he places me on the ground and pulls off his cowl, revealing...Bruce Wayne?!?!

"She's right, Dick. You can't keep this in for any longer, the revenge and vengeance is taking over you and I don't want that to happen. I want to train you, teach you everything I know. I want you to become my protege, Robin." Bruce sternly says before I jump up and down, making Bruce chuckle a bit before looking at Tyler.

(Tyler's P.O.V.)

Bruce chuckles at Dick's excitement so I guess he wants to be Robin then Bruce looks at me.

"Dick, may you go upstairs please whilst I talk to Tyler?" Bruce asks politely before Dick nudges me and runs upstairs. I just stare at the computer with Bruce next to me. It's obvious that he's concerned but I don't need him to be concerned about me, I know what I'm doing. I still haven't recovered from last year...I mean who could? After what happened, the Justice League hates me, they hate Fallout. No one knows it's me, Bruce might but I'm not sure yet. I go the extra mile to protect my identity and code name.

"You okay?" Bruce questions, he knew how much he ment to me and I lost him. I lost them. I give a slight nod and continue to stare at the computer. Knowing I couldn't get in, I just stared. Stared and watched the computer. Bruce caught on that just talking about it was painful enough but I keep having relapse of the same event. He took the suit off and placed it in the suit glass case before walking off to see Grayson.

All I see was his body, his blood, his coldness over me. My friend...my best friends gone. I lost my childhood when I was born. My adulthood dispersed when I was two. I don't know who I was, more what I was, anymore. Like the kids at school said; I was a freak, a monster, a nobody, worthless and useless. 

I was a broken heart, broken by my own best friends. I wish they were here. They'd help. They always would. Why did it have to be them?! Why was it my best friends! In that moment, I thrashed everything off the medical table in angry, sadness, disappointment, guilt and collapsed onto my knees crying.