Chapter 23 - Understanding Him is as Difficult as not Liking Lush life

Start from the beginning

"Aubrey, my child, how are you?" So lost was I in my thoughts that I hadn't noticed Mr Marshall walking towards me.
He was a jolly old man of around 75 who lived alone in a flat opposite to our mansion. His wife passed away 8 years back and both his children were working somewhere abroad. Even though they weren't here, they made sure that he lived a happy and comfortable life.
He was a lovely man, who was like a grandfather to me. Me along with the boys are very fond of him. Whenever mum and dad would go out, they would leave us with him instead of calling a babysitter. He loved us like his own children.
"Good morning Mr Marshall, I'm doing great. How are you keeping ? I hope the back ache that was pestering you, is alright now." I questioned.
" I'm perfectly fine my child, you don't worry about me. How are studies and how are my two monkeys?" He asked.

"All great. The boys have been missing you a lot." I said

"Drop in then, it's been a long while, and an old lonely man needs company don't you think?" He said winking towards me.

I immediately felt guilty, I hadn't met Mr Marshall since 3 weeks now and had been so wrapped up in my own work that I didn't even remember to check up on him.

" Yes, for sure, we are coming to you first thing this weekend." I beamed up at him.

"That's my girl" he said patting my head.

"I better get going now, the milkman is due anytime. Hope to meet my three favourites soon." He said.
" Bye Mr Marshall ! That you can bet on." I said as I helped him stand up.

As soon as Mr Marshall left, I plugged in my earphones and started taking my rounds. I would usually jog if I had come to exercise but today I came just to relax.

After walking for about ten minutes, I realised that to reach school in time for the first period, I had to leave the park in 5 minutes.

I sat on the bench and drank a little water.
I closed my eyes, when a random thought struck me.

Val hadn't told Chris about the warehouse fiasco. Why? I thought he couldn't miss a chance to show me down, then why did he not tell everyone this when this could easily make me the laughing stock in front of everyone?

Forget it Aubrey..understanding this guy is as difficult as not liking the song "Lush Life". My brain told me.
Sighing, I picked my bag up and made way to school.
_________________________
School was great, though I had loads of homework to do today.
After freshening up and eating a snack, I first sat down with my math homework.
Just as I was about to start the first sum, my phone pinged.

Hey babydoll, what time shall I come over tomorrow ? - Chris

Will 4:00 pm suit you and will you be coming to school tomorrow ?- Aubrey

Nope, still got some work left. So see you at 4 tomorrow. Text me your address- Chris

My brain was whirring with reasons why not only Chris but their whole group didn't come to school today, but I kept shut once again. After texting my address to him, I put down my phoneand started with my math homework, which I honestly found very easy today.
I know that the homework wouldn't be what an average person would call easy or even moderately easy. Not that I am over confident or arrogant, I just know that I wasn't average. I wasn't "nerdy"!in anything except my grades. But people on seeing my exceptional grades and my love for studying automatically assumed I was a nerd which I hated because I wasn't anti social at all.
Before I could move on to the second question, my phone rang.
It was Kiara.

Hey there, did you get a word of the maths assignment we were supposed to do?

Yep, just sat down to do it. You can come over if you need any help. I'll just text you my address.

Thank you so much girl, I love you .
With that, I decided to Finish all my other homework before she came.

Just as I finished the last question of English homework, the doorbell rang.

"Hey there! Thanks for volunteering to help me, even though you know how hopeless I am at this subject." She said with a laugh.
"Well oh well, i guess it's alright." I replied laughing with her. " Come on in now, and let's get started."
"Well if we must." She said with a sigh.

After about an hour, or four, she finally understood everything, and we finished all our work.

"Let's order pizza to celebrate your victory." I said picking up the phone.

I ordered 5 large pizzas, one for each of us, and one for each of the males in the house.

"Thank you for everything Aubrey, it really means a lot. I think I finally understood math for once." Said Kiara hugging me.
" Anytime for you." I said with a wink before bidding her farewell.

After she left, I cleaned my room and said goodnight to the boys.
Dad wasn't home still, so I left his pizza in the microwave for him with a post it note on it.
After packing my bag, I fell into a deep sleep.
_________________________
Hey guys!!! Thank you for showing so much love and support through your votes and comments. It means a lot to us.

This chapter is dedicated to a fellow Potterhead @MUSICalwaysatHEART. You have left such nice comments and thank you so much for doing that. We found a common ground and connected via Harry Potter! It was really nice having a small talk in the comments section with you and we really appreciate the positive and encouraging feedback you are giving! Thank you so very much!!

Loads of love,
Skylernsavannah