Chapter Twenty Five

Start from the beginning

I hesitate for a second before taking his hand in mine, greeting him with a handshake. I shake my head at his question, giving him a small smile that causes his head to tilt to the side. "You don't want coffee?" He asks.

I shake my head, releasing his hand to sign. He watches my movements with a frown, and I realize after twenty seconds that he doesn't know sign language. I let out a small grunt and look to Dr Green who is grinning like a fool, his green eyes sparkling. "She said—"

"That she's never tried coffee before," Axel finishes, and I flick my gaze to him. His face, so handsome, is blank of emotion, giving me no idea what he's thinking. Reminds me of another man I know.

Marc grins. "Well, I'll introduce it to you. Best coffee you'll ever try, I promise." He winks at me before moving into what I assume is the kitchen.

"You don't speak?" Raven's accented voice has me looking towards him. He leans against the wall near the front door, arms folded across his broad chest. He seems like the brooding type, similar to North. I wish I had my camera.

I shake my head, but my lips part as my tongue goes to form words. I realise then that I want to talk, I want to talk around them even though I just met them. I frown down at the floor, so unsure, so confused.

"Does she know why she's here?" Axel asks.

Dr Green leads me to a couch and sits down. I follow suit and release his hand, tucking mine under my thighs. I feel Dr Green's eyes on the side of my face, but I don't look at him. "Not yet, but she will," he says. It's then his phone rings. He quickly pulls it from his pocket and answers, putting it on speaker. "Hello?"

"We're all on our way to the Sergeant Jasper, clear of any tails." Mr Blackbourne's voice comes through the speaker and I tilt my head, looking at the phone. "Is Miss Sorenson okay?"

I lift my eyes to Dr Green's. He raises an eyebrow, asking if I'm okay. I shrug my shoulder, because right now I'm not sure. Dr Green says something into the phone, but I tune him out as I push myself to my feet. Looking towards Axel, I sign. "Can I use your bathroom, please?"

"Second door to the left," he says pointing to the hallway. I nod my thanks, giving him the smallest tilt of my lips to show my appreciation. His eyes narrow and I look away, unsure of what that small action meant with the rest of his face showing no emotion.

I make my way down the hall and go into the bathroom. Closing and locking the door, I go to the sink and take a few deep breaths. Today's events have completely overwhelmed me, and I'm not sure what to expect next. The thought terrifies me, yet sends a thrill right through me that causes my heart to hammer in my chest.

I do my business and wash my hands. Looking down at the matching tracksuit. I silently plead for Gabriel to hurry up. I want my own clothes back. These form fitting ones make me feel I'm gaining more attention than I want.

But you like it, Sang. A voice says in my head. I shake my head. I don't like it. Well, I don't think I do. Maybe I do. I don't know. This is all so confusing. Dr Green and the boys are confusing; what I feel towards them. And then there's Raven, Marc, and Axel who are very handsome and attractive, something I even noticed.

I quietly groan as I unlock the door and swing it open. Walking back to the family room, I hear raised voices and pause. In my line of sight I see Axel standing there with his arms folded across his chest, looking bored.

A female voice reaches my ears. "What do you mean another bird is here?" The screech causes me to wince and step back at the same time. My movement catches Axel's eye and he turns his head to look at me, halting me in my retreating tracks.

"Kayli, calm the fuck down. Stop being so fucking jealous," Raven's accented voice says. I still haven't worked out what the accent is yet. "She's with Blackbourne and his team. Not with us."

"And that's suppose to make me feel better?" That same female voice screeches. I assume this voice belongs to Kayli.

Axel's eyes harden as he looks at me. I'm almost positive he's not really glaring at me, but at the female currently shouting and screeching in his family room. He breaks eye contact and in a tight voice he says, "I suggest you leave, Kayli. One of us will call you later, when everyone is gone. It's Academy work we need to deal with right now."

"And I can't be around, right?" Kayli says. "Well, screw you, Axel Toma. Screw the lot of you."

A breeze of dark hair and sun kissed skin wearing jeans and a red tank top goes towards the front door with stamping feet and a foul mouth. In a way, I'm glad I decided to stay hidden and out of the way. Unnoticed, just how I like it.

When the door slams shut, I move forward and into the family room. Dr Green, Marc, Raven, and Axel focus their eyes on me. I stuff my hands into the back pockets on the tracksuit bottoms as my eyes move from one face to the other. "So, that's the girlfriend?"