Chapter XXXV ~ Ian ~ VidCon is ON

Start from the beginning

It was weird...almost unbelievable how badly the fanbase were reacting to this one. The 'girlfriend rush', as me and Anthony call it, usually lasts a few weeks as people get used to the news. Obviously, not everyone will always like them but after a couple of weeks they have accepted the new girlfriend and moved on with their anger. But this was crazy.

I couldn't stand the idea of Misty alone again, for a whole night. She was a much stronger person now, but this would be hard for her. I was glad she called, but when she realised that I was about to go into a meeting with our sort-of boss, she dismissed her problem and told me she'd be fine, as much I tried to reassure her. I longed to be with her, to stop her from looking at the awful tweets people would send, to snuggle her and to hold her tight. She needed a little bit of stability in her life.

The meeting was okay. It basically just went over what happened in the YouTube partners meeting thingy. On the way home in the taxi, later on that evening, I muttered to Anthony;

'Dude, how bad was Kalel's hate?'

'Went on for a couple of weeks when everyone was unsure on whether they liked her or not, then a lot of people changed their minds. She still has a pretty big wealth of fans that don't like her, but they don't tweet it to her as much anymore. I think she often receives some mean tweets but she's learnt to deal with them, she's done so well. She's been amazing and still is nice to the smoshers.'

'Good on her. Misty's just seems to not be getting any better. If anything, it's getting worse.'

'It's odd. That article's been out for almost 2 months and people are still not accepting the relationship.'

'I know,' I sighed. 'I feel so bad for her, in the end it's my fault she gets all this. Firstly because of my job, and second because I was so god damn stupid to kiss her in that lobby.'

Anthony looked at me straight in the eyes. 'Ian, it was inevitable. You chose this job, and she dated you knowing that it wasn't going to be easy. She knows it's not all going to be plain sailing. And there was no way people just wouldn't find out. They found out about me and Kalel through that parking lot photo, and then she gradually seeped into more and more of my photos and I mentioned her more on twitter. You just gotta act like nothing's wrong. Just include her in an instagram or something, and say something about how you love her...'

'I shouldn't be-'

'You should. Some people think you're cheating when that really isn't the case. You gotta prove that you guys are proudly together. Don't mention Lily.'

'Misty's had enough experience with her.'

'Kalel told me the whole story. I couldn't believe her, she's-'

'I don't need to be reminded on her flaws. It makes me further cringe at why I dated her.'

'Sorry, dude. We go back tomorrow, though. It's not long. We'll bring her back something to cheer her up.'

'Like what?'

***

The next morning, we finally headed home by plane. We arrived with plenty of time to spare, so I resulted with some time to get Misty some stuff. We resolved to arrive with pizza in our arms as well, for lunch. In the airport, I found some strange little gift shop which sold a few Japanese stationery bits as well as tons of plushies and weird odds and ends. I picked Misty up a Rilakumma makeup bag/ pencil case thing and some Totoro pens and eraser. I also found this little Eevee plush which I got all wrapped up at the till. Anthony picked Kalel up some little drawing doodle books with cute anime cats on the front, and a small pale pink quilt, embroidered with little kittens with yarn running up the sides. He decided that he needed to get her a little something if I was getting Misty a little cheer-up gift. We both picked up some small scented candles that we would give to both of the girls. It was lucky that the little shop did gift wrapping for an extra two dollars. Now we could give our girlfriends proper little presents.