Getting His/Meeting The Parents

Start from the beginning

"Hell yeah I cut her off. I don't know what she wants." I told Ayriel weeks ago that the shit wasn't gonna work and obviously, she didn't understand.

"I warned you about the bitch.. told you she was craz-"

"Whatever.. just handle that shit. And Los, don't bring that delusional bitch back over here!" Dani turned to go back inside but KD grabbed her wrist and pulled her onto his lap.

"Can y'all do that another time moe?" I pleaded, wanting to throw up in my mouth. KD ignored me and continued to do his thing.

"Yo, Dani. . Tell this nigga that he needa meet ma and pops." I said. She raised her eyebrow at me and then looked back at him without saying anything for a minute.

"I think you should to be honest." I sat back in my chair watching because I had a feeling that she would convince him.

"I don't know man.  ." He looked kind of uneasy.

"Ok. Cool." She tried to get off of his lap but he pulled her back down. I shook my head and then looked out at the big ass backyard as I handed the blunt to KD.

"Get the blunt nigga, tryna be a fucking cake."

"I'on give a damn. Ima be a cake for this one hea." He took the blunt and then whispered something to Dani.

Ayriel's POV

"I don't know what you should do Unc but please do something. I'm just as tired as you are."

"Let me make a few phone calls and I'll see what I can do. Don't you worry, okay?" I nodded and headed to the back to find my mama.

I found her in her bedroom, praying on the hardwood floor. Not wanting to interrupt, I left out of the room and went to the bathrooms so that I could clean myself up.

Kaydence had three hours to contact me about Karcyn. If he didn't call or text me, the two of us were gonna have a problem.

I knew that I had to fight to keep Karcyn in my custody and I was going to do whatever it took. Kaydence wasn't about to have some goofy bitch playing Mommy, not on my watch.

"Yeah, but tell me when Tommy comes back up if he ever does. I need this favor bad." My uncle was talking on the phone with someone. This is why I loved him. He was a man who stayed on top of his business so I knew for a fact that Kaydence was gonna get his.

Kaydence's POV

I was lowkey pissed but couldn't let the bullshit with Ayriel get to me. I was trying my hardest to stay on the positive side which was why I was trying to stay as close as possible to Dani. I knew what I was capable of and I really didn't wanna go searching for mothafuckers after promising my mom that I wouldn't.

"If I'm meeting your parents, what you gon tell em? I'm yo nigga?" I smirked up at Dani as she finished cooking lunch. A nigga was nervous as hell but I couldn't let it show.

She looked back at me and rolled her eyes, "They know a little about you but I'm just gonna tell em that you're my friend. . Remember what we established?" Her ass was tryna be funny.

"Word? That's a bet." I pulled the hairs on my beard as I watched her. She was bad as hell and I swear I wasn't over exaggerating. As much as I wanted to get in between, I knew she wasn't gon budge.

"I think I needa put some glasses on, I'm high as fuck."

"Carlos is too. Don't worry about it." She grabbed plates from the cabinet and walked towards the dining room table so she could set up.

"Yo Dani, you only nursed for two years right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"How you get this house so fast?" My curiosity piqued and I just had to know what the real deal was. "Kaydence, I'm still buying this house out. I'm not done." She chuckled, "but why?"

"I was just wondering. It just ain't seem right to me. How much you pay on mortgage?"

"What's with all the questions?" She scrunched her eyebrows up at me as she moved around, getting everything together.

"I can't be curious? Can't ask my friend personal questions?"

"It's enough. . That's all you need to know."

"Cmon man, just tell me. Maybe I wanna help out. ."

"Sorry Kaydence but I don't need any help. I'm good." She smiled slightly.

Knock!

Knock!

Knock!

I knew what it was like to be nervous but my palms were sweating. What if her parents didn't like me?

I quickly pulled my phone from my pocket and directed my attention to it. Boy, I was praying for some good first impressions.