9. DREW!

"Hey, you." I smile as I stand behind Riley. She turns around from her locker.

"Hi, Drew." She smiles back.

"Do you want to eat lunch with us?" I wonder and as always, I almost stand on my toes in.

"Of course." She smiles and then reach her hand out to take my arm. We walk together into the lunchroom and I watch her sit down before I do.

"Hi, guys." Hannah grin as she sits down in front of us. I take out my lunch from my bag. Today I made my sandwich and I made two. Hannah watches me with widened eyes as she sees what I have with me.

"No, it's not for you," I grin, reaching out my tongue to tease her .

"It's for Riley and me." I smile and the younger girl turns to me, seeming confused, I think.

"Oh, sorry, I made sandwiches for you and me." I say and I take her hand in mine to give it to her.

"Thank you." She says grateful.

"I am so jealous right now." Hannah mutters and I wink to her as I start eating.

"It's very good." Riley tells me, and Hannah is almost drooling.

"I'm glad you like it..."

"Oli, leave me alone!" Becca yells as she comes sitting next to me as always and Olivia with Hannah.

"Hi you guys." Olive tries to smile as she looks at us, as if nothing is wrong.

"What is it now?" Hannah asks as we all look at grumpy Becca.

"Nothing." Olivia mumbles and start eating her own food. They are just sitting in silence, both of them. Hannah and I look at each other and just shrug it off.

"How has your day been, Riley?" I ask as I turn to look at her. She just finished her food that I made for her.

"It's been okay. Just the teachers that can't seem to help me the right way." She shrugs and I can see that it sadness her.

"Maybe I can help you?" I offer, but she just shakes her head.

"Riley, if you struggle, then I can help you." I say, seriously.

"Fine." By the sound of her voice she does not want to talk about it right now, so I just let it go.     I wonder what is wrong.

"Can I drive you home today as well?" I ask hopefully. She smiles finally as she nods.

"Okay, good and tell your parents that you will come home a little late."

"Why?" She asks, confused, and I can't hide my smile.

"It's a secret." I tell her, she seems skeptical, but nods. Then look around out table, watching all of my friends stare at me, strangely. I feel my cheeks turn red, but concentrate on my food.

"I'll calm them now." She smiles and I watch her take out her cane and then step away. I look at her until she steps out the door, just to make sure she is okay.

"So, I guess you are not going to fail after all."

"Hmm?" I say as I turn to Hannah.

"Fail what?" I ask, but she just waves me off with a big grin across her face. I watch all of them confused for a moment, but then just shake it off. 

I can't wait until Riley is finished with her last class for today, so I can take her to her surprise. I was up almost all night just thinking about it and got more excited with every second that passed.

"Are you ready?" I ask as I meet Riley in the hallway after her class.

"Yes" She smiles and nods happily.