Chapter 39

Bianca's POV:

I closed the passenger door on Chris' Lexus and smoothed my sheer white shirt, my black lacy bra only just visible through the thin, chiffon material. The salty ocean smell was heavy in the air, a gentle breeze ruffling my bouncy, brunette waves. "You ready?" Chris asked as he clicked the button on his keys, the car making a whistle sound behind me as it locked. He slid his RayBan sunglasses down onto his nose to shield his eyes from the setting sun, walking around the car to stand next to me. I nodded at him, smiling. "I can't wait". Chris grinned and took my hand, squeezing my fingers gently in his. "Good, cos' Scott can't wait to meet you". I grinned up at him and tried to ignore the feeling of my stomach turning - I had no idea why I was feeling so nervous about meeting Chris' brother, especially when I knew that I had no reason to be. From what Chris had told me about him - and the rest of his family for that matter, I knew that every single member of the Evans family would be just as warm and welcoming as Chris was. I knew I was being silly - I couldn't wait to meet them all.

My strappy black heels clicked against the pavement as we started towards the restaurant, my fingers still wrapped firmly in Chris'. I gazed at the ocean front venue in awe, wondering how I'd managed to live in LA for 5 years without ever visiting this gorgeous place. It was a huge, double story, white stone and glass building called The Strand House, situated only a few feet from the shores of Manhattan Beach. A wooden decked balcony with pristine glass barriers bordered the entire second floor, allowing stunning, uninterrupted views of the beach and even the pier - the iconic Roundhouse Aquarium visible at its end. The setting sun reflected off the huge glass windows of the restaurant making it look like the whole building had been painted in a vivid orange colour.

I smiled at the sight of our reflection in one of the windows as we got closer to the restaurant - Chris looked casual and relaxed in his black henley and fitted dark jeans, not to mention effortlessly gorgeous. I couldn't help but sneak a glance at him behind my aviator sunglasses, my heart fluttering at the sight of his chiseled jawline now covered thickly by stubble. I couldn't believe how quickly his beard seemed to be growing - soon he'd have to start trimming it just to keep it under control. "You know you really look beautiful tonight" Chris said when we reached the door, lifting his sunglasses and holding the door open for me. A Cheshire-cat grin grew on my face as I walked through the door, and I suddenly felt like I was in high school again - like a teenager who'd just been told that her crush liked her back. It was almost impossible not to smile when Chris looked at me like that, his blue eyes looking straight through me and making me feel like I was the only girl in the world.

"And I really, like you with red lipstick" he whispered low in my ear as we stood waiting to be seated, his breath on my neck giving me goosebumps all over my skin, "You'll have to wear it for me sometime". I grinned mischievously and craned my neck to look at him, his hand on the small of my back burning through the thin material of my shirt. "Maybe I will tonight, if you're lucky" I replied in a seductive voice, leaning back and pressing my body into his. Chris closed his eyes and I swore I could see his body shiver as a tingle ran down his spine, knowing he was more than likely picturing me wearing nothing but my lacy panties, heels and cherry red lipstick. He opened his eyes and looked intently at my face, his gaze lingering on my lips for a long moment. "I'm feeling pretty lucky tonight" he said in a deep voice that threatened to turn my legs to jelly, winking at me with one gorgeous blue eye. I grinned and turned around to face him, tugging gently on his henley and pulling him closer so that our faces were only inches apart. I looked from his eyes to his mouth and bit my bottom lip, leaning in as if I were going to kiss him. "I think, I'll be the judge of that baby" I purred at the very last second before pressing my lips to his.

The clearing of a throat behind me made us pull apart and I looked down at the ground embarrassed, chewing on the inside of my cheek. I'd just become one of those extremely annoying couples that make everyone uncomfortable with their public displays of affection. When I composed myself I looked up to find a waitress - who couldn't of been more than a few years younger than me, eyeing me up and down disapprovingly. She muttered something under her breath and looked down at the reservation book in front of her, without even bothering to greet us. I frowned, so much for hospitality! If I'd have done that back when I was waitressing, I would have been fired on my ass, no questions asked. "We have a reservation" Chris said seemingly oblivious to our lack of welcome, reaching out for my hand and wrapping my fingers in his. I tilted my head and smirked knowing that the girl's entire demeanor would change the second she looked up and saw who had just spoken to her - if she ever bothered to look up. "What was the booking under?" she asked in a flat voice, finally looking up and glancing at me and then at Chris, her blonde head instantly doing a double take. And in 3,2,1. I watched as her eyes widened and her pink painted lips dropped open, the realization of who was standing in front of her slowly setting in. I had to bite my lip to stop myself from laughing out loud. That's right honey, take it all in. That's my boyfriend.