Chapter 4

"Plans for tonight Jules?" I asked as I flicked off the light switch, and locked the door to the clinic. "Just going to my parents house for dinner, I haven't seen them in a while" Julia said pulling the elastic out of her blonde hair and running her fingers through it. "What about you, doing anything?" she asked as we walked out to the car park together, our heels clicking in sync.

"Oh just having the girls over for dinner" I said as I rummaged through my handbag trying to find my car keys. Julia smiled, "Oh right, it's Wednesday". I grinned at her as I put my Ray-Bans on, shielding my eyes from the evening sun. It was the one of my favourite things about living in LA, it was sunny almost all year round and the weather was always perfect - never too hot and never too cold. "At least we're halfway through the week already" I said as I unlocked my beloved black Jeep Wrangler. I loved my car, it was the first thing I saved up to buy after I moved here. My family had all given me crap for weeks about it because it was so cliched American, but it didn't bother me in the slightest.

"I still can't even believe we met Chris Evans yesterday! I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. I can't get over how god damn hot he is" Julia said dreamily as she put her bag in her white Volkswagen Jetta. I couldn't help but smile, at only 21 years old, Julia reminded me so much of myself when I was younger - and even now to some extent. We were extremely similar and it was one of the main reasons why I hired her as my receptionist.

"I know I'm the same. I spoke to my mum last night and told her, she just about died because he's one of her celebrity man crushes. After Johnny Depp and Brad Pitt of course" I said laughing. Julia giggled as she put on her sunglasses, one leg already in her car. "And he's coming in again tomorrow remember! I still think he's interested in you B".

I rolled my eyes at her. After Chris had left yesterday, Julia had been adamant that he was interested in me. I thought about it for a moment, while he had flirted with me - calling me beautiful and flashing me all of those unbelievably gorgeous smiles, as well as him pre-booking an appointment with me that may not have even needed, I realized that it might be possible that Julia was right. But still, what were the chances of a celebrity being interested in me? I mean, me? I shook it off, he probably acted like that with all women, and that was just him - he was Chris Evans for God's sake.

"Yeah we'll see" I replied my voice dripping with sarcasm as I hopped into my car. "I'll see you tomorrow Jules, you have a good night!" I yelled over the sound of my car engine. Julia waved at me as she drove off, leaving me alone in the parking lot. I put the gear stick into drive and took off towards home, it was Wednesday night - my weekly night with girls. Every week we had dinner and cocktails at one of our houses and this week, it was my turn to host.

---

I opened the front door to my townhouse and walked into the main room, dumping my bag and car keys onto the small table by the door

I opened the front door to my townhouse and walked into the main room, dumping my bag and car keys onto the small table by the door. I pulled my hair out of its elastic and ran my fingers through it, letting out a deep sigh. Thank god it was Wednesday. I looked around, my apartment wasn't huge - and though it cost me an arm and a leg each week in rent, I loved everything about it, particularly the main room. It was all open plan living, the kitchen, dining and living area all combined into one.

My thoughts were interrupted by Kovu, my 2 year old Alaskan Malamute jumping at the back door. My face softened, my little man - although he was very far from little. He hated being alone and I felt so guilty leaving him every morning to go to work - I'd been wanting to get another dog for a while now, a friend for him while I wasn't home, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. I opened the back door and was almost bowled over by Kovu as he ran inside. I couldn't help the enormous smile on my face as he leaned on me, his fluffy tail wagging at a million miles per hour.

"Hey buddy! How's my boy?" I asked in a baby voice, kneeling down and cuddling him, ruffling his soft fur, "No come on, no licking the face!". Giving him a kiss on his snout, I stood up and stretched my arms out, the girls would be here in less than an hour, I had to get dinner on ASAP.

---

"Hey, um, pass me the um thing would you?" Cassandra asked, pointing at the bottle opener in front of me. "It's called bottle opener" I said with my eyebrows raised, laughing as Cass pulled a face at me. "Yeah give me a refill please Cass" Maddy said, holding up her now empty wine glass. "Long day Mads?" I asked with a grin, handing Cass the bottle opener and laughing as Maddy rolled her eyes, nodding over-enthusiastically. The front door suddenly slammed shut and the sound of high heels on the floorboards echoed in the hallway, the girls and I looking up to find Paige standing in the entrance to the living room. "I'm here, I'm here! Sorry I'm late ladies, I got held up at work" she explained loudly, smiling at the three of us and bending down when Kovu jumped up to greet her.

"Your wine is waiting babe" Cass said as she finished refilling all of our glasses, gesturing to Paige as she walked over to where we were sitting. "Sorry, it's just been a crazy day" Paige said running her fingers through her hair, "I feel like I haven't stopped all day. "How are my favourite girls?" she asked as she walked around my island bench, giving each of us kisses hello. "Hey love" I said leaning back from the bench where I was busy chopping capsicums and offering Paige my cheek, "Hey gorg" Paige said as she planted a kiss on the side of my face and moved around to the opposite side of my bench.

"I love your lip colour, is it new?" I asked, admiring her painted plum coloured lips as she put down her bag down and shrugged off her pant-suit jacket. "Yes I bought it yesterday! Its MAC" she said as she took a seat next to Maddy, giving us her best model pout and spinning on her stool to give us all a thorough look. "Do you need help with anything else B?" Cass asked as she stirred the chicken teriyaki stir fry that was cooking on the stove behind us. "Nope just get a drink and sit down, everything's just about ready!" I replied smiling and taking a big sip of my wine.

"Hey miss physio" Paige said to me, tapping her manicured fingernails against the marble bench and swinging on her stool. "Question for you, I hurt my back doing squats at the gym yesterday, what do I do?". "Probably from sticking your ass out too much, trying to impress the guys at the gym yeah Paige?" Cass asked sarcastically, making Maddy laugh and almost choke on her mouthful of wine.

Just as I started to tell Paige to not do anything that would aggravate her back, I had a sudden deja-vu vision of telling Chris the same thing only yesterday. I also realized that I hadn't yet told the girls about my celebrity encounter with Mr-sex-on-legs Chris Evans. "Oh my god guys! You'll never guess who I met yesterday at work!" I suddenly squealed, laughing as Cass almost dropped her wine out of fright. "Oh my god Bianca, don't do that" she said looking at me like I was insane. "Who?" Maddy asked, all three of them silent and looking me with wide, expectant eyes. I grinned excitedly, "Chris Evans!".