Chapter 16

Bianca's POV:

"Thank you for today girls, I will see you next week!" I said clapping my hands and watching as my class performed a ballet curtsy to me. The girls started packing up their things and I picked up my phone to check it for messages - I had a text from Paige saying that she and Cass were waiting for Maddy and I at Walter's, our favourite cafe in downtown Beverly Hills.

"Miss Bianca can you please help me?" a small voice said and I turned around to see Kaitlyn, one of my youngest students pointing down at her shoes, her big blue eyes looking up at me adorably. My face softened, "Oh Kaitlyn what are we going to do with you?" I asked, bending down in front of her and undoing the ribbon ties of her ballet shoes, pulling them off her feet and smiling when she giggled. "There you go sweetheart, all done" I said looking up at her, smiling when her little arms reached out to hug me. "Thankyou Miss Bianca" she said with an enormous smile on her face, giggling and running off to her bag at the back of the room.

I pulled off my own ballet shoes and stretched out my feet, typing a quick reply to Paige and waiting for the last of the girls to pack up. "Come on Chelsea" I said as I walked over to the last girl in the room, picking up her bag and following her out of the dance room and into the main foyer. "Where's your mum sweetheart?" I asked bending down next to her, watching as she pointed to a lady standing at the front reception desk, talking with the other mothers. I stood up and grabbed her hand, walking her over to the group of talking mothers.

"Thank you Bianca, we'll see you next week?" Chelsea's mother Claire said, taking Chelsea's bag from me and smiling down at her daughter. "Anytime Mrs Matthews, I'll see you then" I replied with a smile, shifting my bag to my other shoulder and looking down at Chelsea, "I'll see you next week too Chels, make sure you practice okay?". "I will" she said with a vigorous nod, giggling and leaning against her mother.

I waved to the both of them as they exited the building and walked off to find Maddy. I'd been a dancer ever since I was 4 years old - it was my first passion growing up and still was to this day. More than 20 years later, I still loved everything about it. Although I didn't perform as much as I used to because of work and the clinic, I had instead taken up teaching once a week. A couple of months after I had met Maddy while working at the restaurant, we had discovered each other's love of dancing and she had immediately gotten me a job at the studio that she also taught at. We'd been teaching together ever since.

---

"How was class?" Cass asked as Maddy and I sat down at the table at Walter's. We were seated at our favourite table in the front corner of the cafe that looked out at the Beverly Hills Garden park. "Yeah wasn't too bad, my seniors were very hungover" I answered with a chuckle, shaking my head and reaching over for a menu. My 10am senior class this morning had shown up looking like zombies, apparently from partying too hard last night at a birthday they all went to. Half way through the class I was sure a few of them were going to either throw up or pass out - or both. I laughed, "But my juniors were adorable as always" I added smiling, thinking about my adorable little ballet girls. "Mine were pretty great today too actually, they actually listened for more than 10 minutes today" Maddy added in, taking a sip of Paige's orange juice and leaning back in her chair.

I picked up a menu and tried to decide what I wanted for breakfast, looking up a moment later to find all three of the girls staring at me. My eyes widened and I frowned, "And what are those looks for?" I asked putting down the menu and raising my eyebrows at them. "Are we going to have to force it out of you? Don't play dumb with us B" Paige said tapping her fingernails against her glass of orange juice, "Tell us about your fucking date with Chris! We're all dying to know" she added flicking me with her acrylic nail. I looked over at Cass who was resting her chin on her hands and looking intently at me from across the table, waiting for me to start speaking.