Chapter 18

Bianca's POV:

"Are you having a good night girls?" Rachael asked the three of us as we stood at the bar, her long black hair tumbling down her shoulders. She looked exactly like Paige - the same high cheekbones and sharp hazel eyes, she even had the same fiery personality. If I didn't know them I would have easily believed that they were twins.

"Yes, I'm having so much fun!" I answered as I bounced my hips to the beat of the music, watching as the bartender poured out three shots of tequila. "Thank you so much for inviting us Rach, Happy Birthday again too!" Cass said happily, leaning over and hugging her. "My pleasure girls, you three are basically sisters to me, there was no way I wouldn't invite you" Rachael replied, smiling at myself, Cass and Maddy. Someone on the dance floor called out Rachael's name and I watched as she glanced over and grinned before turning back to us, "I'll talk to you girls later okay? They're calling me, I'm gonna go and dance!". I nodded and the three of us watched as she danced off back into the party.

---

I looked over my shoulder and scanned the room for Paige, my eyes landing on her shiny black bob as she spoke animatedly to a man who I quickly recognized as her cousin Jack. I grinned and turned to Cass, tapping her on the shoulder and whispering in her ear. "Paige is over there talking to Jack" I whispered, collapsing into laughter when she punched my arm playfully. "Oh stop it, he came up and spoke to me before and it was so awkward. Thank god Maddy saved me in time" she said shaking her head and covering her face with her hands.

We had all met Jack at Paige's birthday a few years ago, he was one of her younger cousins and he had almost immediately taken a shine to Cass. Reluctantly, Cass had said yes to a date with him and after getting incredibly drunk she ended up sleeping with him. Over the next week however, he had called and messaged her numerous times wanting desperately to catch up and see her again. Mortified by how drunk she'd been, Cass had ignored every single one of his calls until Paige finally had to call and explain to him why Cass didn't want to see him again. Even though he understood, it still made it incredibly awkward every time she saw him again.

I turned back to the bartender as she handed me the salt shaker, gesturing to the three shot glasses lined up along the bar, a slice of lemon on top of each of them. "Ready girls?" I shouted over the music, licking the top of my hand and shaking the salt onto it. We each picked up a shot glass and grinned at each other, tapping the glasses together and swallowing them quickly.

I slammed the glass down and and bit down on the piece of lemon, wincing as my throat burnt from the alcohol, ugh tequila. All of a sudden the start of a Bon Jovi song began to blast through the room and I grinned at Cass, throwing my arms into the air. "I love this song, come on!" I yelled over the music, grabbing the girls and dragging them out onto the dance floor. More and more people started to dance as the DJ played the best of the 80's, Paige eventually coming over to join us with another round of drinks. My cheeks began to ache from smiling and laughing so much, the girls and I dancing and singing along loudly to the music as the night went on.

---

Several songs, speeches and shots of tequila later, Maddy suddenly swayed and leaned into me, putting her forehead on my shoulder and moaning loudly. "Oh I shouldn't of had that last shot, I don't feel so good". Springing into action, I immediately went over to the bar for a bottle of water, returning to Maddy and offering it to her a moment later. I moved my arm around her shoulders and supported her weight against my body, looking down at her and laughing when she looked up and flashed me a small, grateful smile. I couldn't help but chuckle, Maddy had never been good at handling her alcohol.

"Cass" I said tapping her on the shoulder when I finally found her on the dance floor, "I think Maddy's gonna be sick, I'm taking her to the bathroom". She shook her head and laughed at Maddy against my side, dancing as she followed us to the bathroom. She opened the door to one of the toilet cubicles and the both of us helped Maddy inside. I held back her ponytail as she bent down onto her knees and started heaving over the toilet bowl. "Oh Mads, what are we going to do with you?" I asked looking down at her and smiling, "I swear its like you're 21 still" Cass remarked, rubbing her back and smirking at me. I grinned at Cass as the three of us cramped into the tiny space in the bathroom, Maddy moaning as she crouched over the toilet.