Chapter 36

Chris' POV:

"So Bianca, what do you do with yourself?" Scarlett asked, crossing her legs and looking across at Bianca intently. Bianca pulled her hair over her shoulder and took a small sip of the espresso martini in her hand. "I'm a physiotherapist. I have my own clinic called Motion Physiotherapy just outside the city, in Burbank" she said proudly, smiling at Scarlett and glancing at me. I put my hand on her knee and gave her a soft squeeze to reassure her, even though she really didn't need it. Bianca looked completely at ease, like she had been doing this for years - there wasn't a single trace of the nervous girl from earlier. I listened to her tell everyone how she came to own her business and how she moved from Australia on scholarship to complete her degree and years later opened her own clinic.

She smiled her gorgeous smile, her green eyes bright and excited and I was in awe. She spoke so passionately, commanding the attention of everyone around her. Granted, everyone had practically swarmed us as soon as they saw that I had brought a girl with me - especially the girl that they all knew I couldn't stop thinking about, but still, no-one seemed to be able to take their eyes off her. Myself included. She really was amazing and I felt almost proud that she was mine - or at least she would be by the end of the night. "That's incredible Bianca, to have done all that, to be running your own business by 27. That's really impressive". Scarlett said smiling, Sebastian - who was sitting next to her, nodding in agreement. He raised his eyebrows and gave me an impressed nod, and I chuckled knowing that that was guy code for 'I approve'. Bianca laughed, "See, I think that about you guys! You guys are the incredible ones!".

"Oh please",Scarlett said with a laugh, waving her hand nonchalantly. Bianca took another sip of her drink,"I've been talking about myself too much" she exclaimed shaking her head, "Scarlett please, tell me about you! Tell me about your daughter!". As the girls started to talk about Rose, Sebastian nudged me with his knee. "You've got a good one there Chris" he said slowly, glancing at Bianca as she cooed over a photo that Scarlett was showing her on her phone. I exhaled deeply, feeling the corners of my mouth pull into a smile. "I know. I don't know what it is about her Seb" I said finishing the last of my beer, "But she's just amazing. Everything about her is. I've never met a girl like her before". Sebastian stared at me for a long moment, a grin appearing on his face seconds later. He reached out and patted my shoulder, "You've got it bad man. But I really am happy for you". I looked over at Bianca, watching as she collapsed into a fit of laughter at something Scarlett had said and I smiled, I loved when she laughed.

"Evans!" a deep voice shouted and I turned around to find Chris Hemsworth standing behind me, smiling down at me. "Hey man!" I exclaimed jumping up, pulling him into a handshake-man hug, "What are you doing here? I thought you couldn't make it!". He shook Sebastian's hand and let out a deep chuckle, "Elsa and I needed to finalize the papers for our new property. It didn't take as long as we thought so we decided to come by". I grinned, "It's great to have you here man, wouldn't have been the same without you". Chris grinned and reached out to clink his glass against mine and Seb's. "So how are the kids? Feels like forever since we've seen them!" Sebastian said and I couldn't help but grin as Chris told us about them - the Hemsworth children were adorable, I loved when he brought them around.

"So Evans" Chris said punching my arm and shaking me from my thoughts, "What's this I'm hearing about a new girlfriend of yours?" he asked with raised eyebrows, looking at me and then Sebastian. I grinned and turned to where Bianca was sitting and talking animatedly with Scarlet, now joined also by Elizabeth and Zoe. "That's her there, the brunette" I said pointing, smirking when Chris flashed me the same impressed smile that Sebastian had given me earlier. "Evans has got it bad" Sebastian teased looking across at Chris, the both of them trading looks and chuckling. Chris rubbed his chin,"Good for you Evans, it's about time you found a good one". I raised my eyebrows at him, "Oh yeah? It gets better" I said running my fingers through my hair, "She's Australian. From Melbourne, just like you". Chris' mouth dropped open in surprise, "Seriously?" he asked looking back over at Bianca intently, "She's definitely a keeper then" he added after a moment, turning and winking at me. He rubbed his hands together excitedly, "Well c'mon then Evans! Introduce me! It'll be nice to finally be able to understand a conversation, unlike when I talk to you yanks" he said, laughing when Sebastian and I exchanged deadpan looks.